Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lincolnmania
    i've heard of using the mark 7 throttle and tv and cruise cable on a towncar with the intake pointed in the stangs direction i think it was a guy over at lincolns online
    Well, what's the hold-up? Get your ass over there and find out!
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Camshaft Advance/Retard

Does anyone have information about advancing and retarding the camshaft? I ordered the FRPP double roller chain/gear set that allows 4* either way. What would be best to do with the otherwise stock GT-40P, considering the 4,000lb weight of my wagon? Do I also need to take into account that I'm running a T5? Will switch to 3.55s as soon as money allows.
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

You will raise the powerband of the motor by advancing the cam 4 degrees.

I say go for it. Your heads and the rest of the motor would benefit.

Plus, with lower gears and a T5, you will be able to make good use of that RPM...
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Okay. Part two of the question:

How the fuck do I do that?

Comment

You put the crank gear keyway in the appropriate postition when intalling the chain. Your cam choice will be the deciding factor.
            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

See how the crank sprocket has three keyways?

Bsed on how you clock the gears and the chain (based on instructions) you do it that way.

I ain't sure how, but I need to do it when I go that route...
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Thanks, guys- I'll read up on that when I get home.

Comment

Advancing the cam gives you more low end grunt, retarding it gives you more top end. You put the crank sprocket on, there should be three keyway slots, then use the correspoding bushing in the cam sprocket. I plan to install mine straight up.
                  Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

A cam degreeing wheel would come in very handy.
                    http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                    http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

If I would advance the cam, would it cause problems if I'm running 6,000rpm? I'm thinking about running it straight up until I can learn more about all of it.

I'm tired of asking questions and just going on what ya'll tell me. I want to know why ya'll are saying what you're saying so that next time, I'll be able to come to my own conclusion.

That's why I ask so many questions that seem to be the same, but are slightly different. I'm trying to understand all the differences of all these parts and their workings an

Basically, thanks for being patient. I've learned a lot, but I think I've filled my mental capacity for a while. Once I finish this, I'm going to get sloppy drunk to celebrate.

Comment

What cam are you planning on running?
                        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

A cam degreeing wheel would come in very handy
                          Id do that but Im too damn lazy. Carcraft did an article a while back degreeing cams and found out that most major brand cams are really close if not spot on. So if you install it straight up it should be really close. A JC whitney cam might need degreeing tho.
                          Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd
                            What cam are you planning on running?
                            Stock. Considering 1.7 roller rockers, too, but that won't be until later. Should I leave the cam straight up since I want to add the 1.7s or would it be okay advanced 4* with them? Would I suffer much on the top end by advancing?

Comment

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

(Billet steel flywheel and main support system to be added tomorrow.)

Enough said.

Comment

Gonna paint the block?
                                Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                                Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X