Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when it rains, it pours. I've never in all my life had just one unexpected expense... as soon as one comes along there's a whole $#!+load of others following. Like 10am you get a parking ticket and by noon your transmission goes out, gas goes up to $4 per gallon, work calls and says don't come in today- we're overbooked, and the school send you a bill for classes you don't remeber registering for. Keep your head up.

2007 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
    1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Originally posted by moneypit
      when it rains, it pours. I've never in all my life had just one unexpected expense... as soon as one comes along there's a whole $#!+load of others following. Like 10am you get a parking ticket and by noon your transmission goes out, gas goes up to $4 per gallon, work calls and says don't come in today- we're overbooked, and the school send you a bill for classes you don't remeber registering for. Keep your head up.
      I don't think it's ever been worded more perfectly.
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Sounds fun. Guess I got off easy today. Flat tire and projectile vomiting all over my nice leather interior of my protege.
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

My little sister started vomiting in the wagon. In one swift motion, I pulled off the Interstate, spun around, opened her door, unbuckled her, and threw her out. Never again could I be so coordinated.

I can pay my insurance with this Friday's check, then I'll have almost a month to pay the fine and everything will be okay. Just needed to sit back and think for a few minutes.

Felt good to vent about it, though. Glad I have other jackasses who get into serious shit with whom I can share my dilemna. :evil:
          2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

It sucks pretty good here in Oregon, say I wanted to take GL, park him and tear into the engine, I can't take him off the insurance. I have to keep paying unless the car is either sold to someone, or sold to a junkyard. I think it's BS. Fuckin assholes.
            Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
            Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

What? You can't just have a car parked in your backyard? If I let my insurance lapse, I have to pay a little bit more each month for six months. I don't get fined or fucked in the ass. What gives?
              Project \"Fire and Ice\":

1989 LTC

My worst enemies are those who presume me to be harmless. They cannot imagine how much I resent and disdain them, or just how great a threat they would face if I could get at them. Everything in their behavior speaks of insult and presumptuousness, and for now it is all I can do to make constructive use of my anger toward them. At this time, I just make a list of them and keep a watch on. Some day, with the help of time, space, and circumstance, I will be able to humiliate them properly - not in a manner they would enjoy, but in a style calculated to make them wish that they had never been born.

Anton Szandor LaVey

Comment

That's what I like about New Hampshire. I have 9 vehicles in the yard currently uninsured(and unrunning for the most part ), with the Rodeo being the sole insured vehicle. NH does not require insurance unless it's a loan or you've had an accident.
                Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

that shit sounds crazy, NC is pretty good with leaving people alone for the most part, they just did away with 1995 and older emissions testing and requirements this year, so I can do whatever to the lincoln.
                  1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

If you sell it, the other person can keep it in their yard and not have insurance on it, but once you put insurance on, it's on until you either sell it or it gets totalled
                    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

My '88 wagon is my only insured car currently. MN does't care what you do- one of my friends goes by the month... if he pays his other bills and can't afford insurance, he just takes it off and parks the car.

2007 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
                      1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

When i parked the 85 a few years ago, i surrendered the tag to the state, Therefore it eliminates having to pay insurance on it.
                        http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                        http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Yeah- we can cancel insurance if we turn in the tags (mine was expired in November, anyway), but then we need to pay for new tags and insurance when the time comes. Like I said, I kept thinking it was almost done, so I didn't do that.

Comment

OK, It won't do you any good now, but while your car is off the road for at least six months for restoration, modifications, etc., you can call your agent, explain what is going on, and suspend most of your coverage until you are ready to drive again.
                            I did this today for my Fiero, and cut my payment from $139.00 to to $33.00 for 6 months.

Comment

The vacuum port I used for the AFPR wasn't functional, so I capped it (just in case) and ran a different port to the AFPR and all is well (38psi without vacuum, 34psi with vacuum). I also dropped the timing back to 12*BTDC, to be on the safe side.

Then, I tightened the driver's side header-to-head bolts. Well... I tightened seven of them. It's hard to tighten eight when there are only seven there. That's right, folks- one of my header bolts fell off. I don't know where it went, but it's not there any more. So- that explains the killer-loud exhaust leak, the rich condition, and the lack of low-end torque.

Going to the bolt store tomorrow in hopes they can duplicate one of my existing header bolts.

However, even with one of the bolts entirely out, it's running really well. I can feel the power above 4,200 RPMs again, but I'm still not spinning it past 5,000 until I get new valve springs.

Comment

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

I didn't drive the wagon for two or three weeks and now the battery is dead. I know I have a short, which is why I've been sure to drive it weekly to get the system charged up again, but now I'm determined to find the short and be done with it.

I can hear it clicking on the passenger side firewall when I connect the battery... I just can't see anything. Anyone have ideas on what I can do to find this thing?

Comment

Working...
                                X