Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AOD
    So you have 24# injectors with a 19# ECM? No wonder...

It's using 19# injection timing with 24# injectors it's probably running either rich or lean, because it's injecting too much fuel or not enough because the injector cycle time gets slower (how fast the injector can open and close) as the injector gets bigger.

You mentioned a tune, so you already know what's needed though.
    Yup, I know it needs a tune, (remember who you're talking to ) it's got the 24's and a 80mm MAF from a 24lb calibrated car....I feel better with it running rich than so lean it'll melt everything. I had a tune scheduled..but the trans kept me from doing that. My car would crap out at higher RPM with the 19s...about the same thing Freshmeats' car is doing.

The funny thing is that is ran stronger with the SD ECM and the 24's than it does with the MAF and 24's
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I'm gonna ask the guys on the Corral about the injector issue.
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Have you read your plugs yet to see how it's running? That's your only 'tool' unless you install an air-fuel meter.

'85 2-Door Crown Victoria
        302 HO, -0.022" E7 Heads, Weiand Dual Plane Intake, Edelbrock 1406 Carb, Mechanical Fuel Pump, HEI Distributor, 180* T-stat, Transgo Shift Kit, HO Governor, Lokar TV/Throttle Cable Setup, B&M Torq Master 2000 RPM Stall Converter, FRPP Trans Cooler, Mustang Shorty Headers, 2.25" Dual Exhaust, Flowtech H-pipe (no converters), Hooker AeroChamber Mufflers, Side-exit Exhaust w/ Chromed 2.5" Tips, '02 PI F/R Shocks, Cut 2004 PI Front Springs in the Rear, PI Rear Sway Bar, 17" SAP Wheels, 245/50/Z17 Michelin Pilot A/S Tires, Cold A/C, Cruise Control, 4.10 Rear End Gears, Trac Lok Diff.
        '04 Crown Victoria LX Sport, '02 Jeep Liberty
        '83 Suzuki GS 1100E Motorcycle[/color]

Comment

You could just rip all that shit off, and throw a carb on there.

Problem solved.
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

The 24# injectors dont have the same specks as the 19# ones the MAF is good but the ECM wont read the output correctly. You need one of those aftermarket MAFs that trick the signal. There around 300 bucks.
            Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Pro-M is the company I looked into. Their web site is under construction right now

Comment

I filled up on 89 octane today (as opposed to the 87 I'd been using) and it had a lot more power according to my butt dyno... think I'll stick with it.
                2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

Originally posted by turbo2256b
                  The 24# injectors dont have the same specks as the 19# ones the MAF is good but the ECM wont read the output correctly. You need one of those aftermarket MAFs that trick the signal. There around 300 bucks.
                  Too much money and still need a tune...Getting a Superchip & dynotuning on mine.

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd
                    Too much money and still need a tune...Getting a Superchip & dynotuning on mine.
                    Only one of the many reasons I went with carbs again. Then there is the 500$ fuel rail, bigger fuel pump and feed lines, a set of 30 or 40 # injectors a new ECM, bigget TB all added up like 4000$. Carbs won. For 5200 I could get a complete ready to run indivual TB system from Hallibrand.

Comment

Originally posted by turbo2256b
                      Only one of the many reasons I went with carbs again. Then there is the 500$ fuel rail, bigger fuel pump and feed lines, a set of 30 or 40 # injectors a new ECM, bigget TB all added up like 4000$. Carbs won. For 5200 I could get a complete ready to run indivual TB system from Hallibrand.
                      Yep, in your app carbs are the way to go. Not really for mine. Would be a bit less money for me though...Maybe. The only thing I will be paying for is the tune & chip. The MAF and injectors were free, ECU was cheap.

Comment

Frankie

Discuss.

Comment

I've never done one, but I'll say yes anyway. Yes, header gasket swaps suck!!!! I hate them so hard!!!!!
                          Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                          Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

I have also never done one. However, I love them more than anything in the entire world.

Comment

GL- why does something always have to be "so hard" with you? You fruit...

I caught eight kinds of Hell swapping mine and I'm still not done. I was finally doing the last couple bolts when it started storming. I was going to go out and work some more tonight (around midnight), but my fiancee wanted me to lay down with her and I fell asleep. Just woke up a little while ago.

Comment

Suck it up, and also use good gaskets next time you tightwad

Felpro makes some kickass ones like the stock gaskets metal sandwich type. Lasted longer than my headers did.

2004 Marauder M79 90K miles Jmod!! 14.85 @95.63
                                2004 Crown Vic LX 135K Silver Birch Light flint leather FMX1 04 P-71 PCM swap 04 P-71 Airbox and Zip tube "$100 MZT" 01 F-250 70 MM TB 21mm swaybar wood steering wheel BH headlight relay

Comment

Working...
                                X