Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right. I'll do that.

I just finished the springs. The exhaust springs are a BITCH because the compressor I have is BARELY too large. It'll fit on the retainers if I do it just right, but popped off almost every time when I tried to break the locks. Got it done, though. Can't wait to put it back together and roll out.

Still gotta do fuel pump, wiper motor, plugs and wires, still.
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Did you know on the exhaust the stock valves are set at a different hight and you realy need different height keepers for the exhaust than the intake. Its because of the rotater style retainers on the exhaust.
      Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Yeah. The guy who gave me the springs said not to worry about the rotators in the exhaust- they're mostly there to help the valves rotate during low-RPM driving, which is what the Panthers are intended for. He said since I'll be revving it up a good bit, they'll be able to rotate well enough on their own.
        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

Motor is back together... I'd forgotten about the spacer and couldn't figure out why the upper wouldn't mate to the lower.

:owned:

Just spark plugs and wires left on the motor, then I'm gonna try to do the wiper motor tonight.

Comment

Oh- I better not forget the A/C and idler pulley!!

Comment

Sounds like everything is coming together nicely. Now we gotta get to work on the tudor

Comment

It's done! Kinda pissed, though, because the wiper motor didn't fix the whine like I thought it would. It needed the motor, that's for sure... but it still whines and the blades still won't drop.

I guess the next thing on my list is a new wiper switch, which sucks because Advance doesn't list one, the O'Reilly site is down for maintenance, and the Zone lists one for $60. That's a lot of fawking money. I'm gonna borrow the one from my dad's '90 model and see if it works- his is a lot cooler.

Comment

I'll update you guys after daylight when I can actually run the thing. I may go ahead and do the fuel pump beforehand (didn't get to it tonight). We'll see.

Updates, pics, and hopefully video to come ASAP. Just depends on whether all this work actually solved the problems.

Comment

Well... I cranked it a little while ago and it seems okay, but there was some light valvetrain noise. I'm thinking it's the driver's side valve cover baffle, but being so early in the morning I didn't want to keep playing around to see.

I'll keep you posted. I forgot how much better it sounds with the Mr Gasket Ultra-Seal header gaskets. I'm so anxious to drive it and see how it performs...

Comment

YEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWW
                      2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Another thought... The springs were installed dry. It may take a little idling to oil them up enough to not make any racket.

Comment

the wiper switch for a 90 is completely different.

I hope you get the results you're looking for!
                          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                          sigpic
                          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Yeah- I looked at his today and it's definitely different. I'm gonna hit the junk yard this week and grab one.

Comment

Are you running the flat or roller cam?
                              2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

It's a hydraulic roller cam... why do you ask?

Comment

Working...
                                X