Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn. I'm doing that.
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Mark VIII MAF and Lightning EGR came in today. He didn't tell me he'd painted the EGR spacer, but it's all good. I'll have it sandblasted back down when I blast the throttle cable bracket I'm about to go get from the junk yard. I'll try to find one with a good cable, too, and replace mine- it's all frayed and looks like shit.

Walbro 255lph pump and Marauder air box should be in next week.
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

paint is good......just paint it your color

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Dang...

I went digging through all my old threads involving this engine/transmission swap... and it brought back memories already. Reminds me of an old saying, "It's rarely as much about the destination as it is the journey," or something like that.

I wonder if I'll enjoy the car as much once it's "done" as I have along the way. I've definitely sworn at it, kicked at it, thrown things at it (whether I missed on purpose or due to crappy aim will be my little secret), and the like, but this has been an extremely fun and enlightening build. I can't begin to describe how much I've learned along the way. I've gained more Panther knowledge in the past ten months that I had in the previous four years. It's been a blast.

Hoping to compile all the threads into one huge one. I have a massive list. Any mods willing to help me out, please?

Comment

I feel the same way. I learned a hell of a lot more about my car doing all the bs i've done to it than any shop manual could have told me.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

59 page cronicle is complete!

i wish I could drive this thing mang
                Last edited by 85crownHPP; 09-11-2006, 11:44 PM.
                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                sigpic
                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

If I'm ever out there in your general area, you'll get the keys any time you like. Thanks a lot for the help, Pete!

Comment

Hopefully the last step...

Once that's in it should at least be driveable/reliable, again. Still have plenty of parts to install, but I want to make sure I'll be able to drive it before I do all that extra work.

I really appreciate all the input I've had on this build. I feel like GMN had a huge part to play in its progress.

Comment

JFC 59 pages.

Nice that the fuel pump comes with the O ring. Many don't and that stupid ring doesn't always like to fit properly once its been disturbed.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I looked through a lot of different sellers and actual stores before I decided to go with one of two or three eBay dealers who sell it with the kit. I wanted to take a chance on one of the CAM pumps and provide a review since I've never heard of it, but I've taken too many chances as it is and need to go with what I know works.

Comment

Just went to your cardomain site and I say that if those locks are bad fix them and fix them soon,Remember what happend to us over here I dont want you to go thru that with your car you put a lot of work into it and I would not trust anybody to keep there dirty mits off of it. SO PLease Get Those Locks Fixed!!!!!!! ASAP
                          YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

The door locks are fixed. Need a rear driver window motor and I need to rebuild the tracks in the rear passenger door... but the locks are fixed... except the tailgate. Still need to do that one; keep forgetting. I'll worry about it when the thing is streetable again.

Comment

I finally got around to updating my Car Domain. Ya'll go check it out.

Comment

I'm mid-installation of the Walbro 255lph fuel pump. I wish I had a camera to take pictures of how I did it...
                                I cut a section off the bottom of the stock rubber sock, slid the pump into the sock, and stuffed two sections of 5/16" hose into the sock. I then used a 4" metal clamp on the outside of the sock to ensure that nothing's going anywhere. It's stable, to say the least.
                                I'm worn out from fighting off the retaining ring, though. Spent an hour and a half on that damn thing. I'm gonna see what I can do about getting everything back together tonight, but I don't know if I have the energy to do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X