Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When doing anything with your gas tank, please be sure to verify that the grommet between the filler tube and the tank is properly seated before you attempt to fill up.
    Trust me. It'll save you three hour fill-ups.
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

I'm sure the vids will be much more impressive at home when I can hear them, but I'm glad you got them posted up.

Comment

'89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Looks like you almost got pwned by that Exploder. Didn't sound like the driver was too happy.

Comment

It really wasn't that close. You know how some people are with the horn.

2004 Crown Vic LX (Sold)
            1994 Lincoln Town Car
            2002 F250 CC 4x4 Diesel

Comment

holy shit that thing sounds awesome. I hadnt watched the one video yet... great work!
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Thanks, Pete. Maybe I'll finally get a decent PotM nomination, now that it's actually running... if, of course, I can keep it on the road!
                2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

I just read through this entire thread. I don't think Chronicle really does it either. This is more of a saga...

I'll tell you what, though. Those videos are nothing if not inspiring!!! Looks like all your work REALLY paid off.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                  1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                  But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

It's paid off for the most part, but...

If I hit the throttle hard from idle, it pops slightly before responding. TPS is at 1.00v
                    Timing is at 12* with the clip removed.
                    It's like it's taking in too much air and running lean for a brief moment.
                    It also does it while driving... if I mash it too hard in first or second (where it can actually respond well) I don't hear a pop, but I can feel a very brief hesitation.
                    IBsomeonesayspluggedcats.

It's also fluttering at 5,000 RPMs still. It's definitely not as noticeable of a power loss, but I can hear the exhaust fluttering. For some reason, I have a feeling this isn't going to be easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN
                      I just read through this entire thread. I don't think Chronicle really does it either. This is more of a saga...

I'll tell you what, though. Those videos are nothing if not inspiring!!! Looks like all your work REALLY paid off.
                      I don't want to know how long it took you. ha!
                      Thanks for the interest, man.

Comment

I didn't time it, but it must have been several hours (not all in one sitting, fortunately). I'd say it was probably worth it, though, because WOW did I ever learn a lot of stuff.

I doubt I'd want to do the Explorer swap just because it is so complex, but I can see that it really works well once you get the kinks ironed out.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                        1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                        But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

The kinks still aren't ironed out. It sucks right now, actually.

Comment

I'm already losing power. I'm willing to bet it's because it's running rich and the plugs are fouling out.
                            Can't figure out this fucking car. Anyone have a grenade lying around?

Comment

Sucks to hear you are still having problems. I just watched those videos and it is badass man. Maybe some year after I get out of tech school you throw in a t-45 in my vic. You are going to be helping your friend with a whale do that right?
                              2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

I'm glad you are making some progress, but it sucks to hear you are still having little quirks. I'm still have quirks with my carb swap that havent been ironed out either. I'm about ready to scrap this motor and do a exploder GT40p swap but keep it carbed and spray it. I also really want to throw a TKO in. 4 doors with 5 speeds are too cool.

Anyway best of luck getting the car all hammered out but dont give up on it, you've come way too far.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
                                My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Working...
                                X