Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Five doors and five speeds are cooler.

Zwack- we were going to do a six speed in his, but he's buying a new house so that probably won't happen. I'll set you up on a T45 whenever you're ready, though... just be prepared to let me really dig in. Hehehe.
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Those of you with Taurus fans: What did you do to wire it up? I have the Taurus fan, but need the right kit or parts. Please respond ASAP, as temps like to climb in traffic and the hybrid is now incapacitated due to Andree getting into a bad (but unfortunately not fatal) accident.
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

It was worth the beating.

Comment

Is it still poping? If it is... The only thing on mine that helped it was tweaking the timing by ear.Ill mention that but i wont recomend it...Cause i dont know if it could hurt you more then help...
          People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

I think I found the source of the popping...
            my IAC harness fell off and melted on teh header.
            Already got a new one to wire in once everything cools off.

Comment

Last Monday I was doing lots of tuning and whatnot (like replacing the IAC wiring that melted into the header) when I took it for a drive. The dead lifter was getting louder and louder and I believe I was actually beginning to hear multiple lifters making lots of racket. Agitated to the point of make it or break it (compliments of both 30+ hours of no sleep and a lack of normal nicotine levels), I nailed it through first. Didn't make it to second. Just before clutching for the 1-2 I heard a nasty grind. Limped it to the nearest parking lot and had my mom pick up Andree to get her to work while I dealt with the wagon. Long story short, I realized the parking lot was a daquiri shop and had a few drinks before catching a ride because roadside assistance wouldn't help me. Here, four days later, it's finally home. I'm gonna tear into it tomorrow to see if I can find the problem. Replaying the scenario in my head over and over, it sounds like a pressure plate bolt backed out and was catching in the flywheel teeth.

I'll keep you all posted. For now, some new pictures.

...and now, my son...

Comment

sad to see that your T5 baby is sick I hope she gets well soon!
                YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Looks like the GT40P/T5 is coming out and the Chronicle is about to start all over. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Always a new twist...

2004 Crown Vic LX (Sold)
                    1994 Lincoln Town Car
                    2002 F250 CC 4x4 Diesel

Comment

This'll be a good one... and definitely unique. I'll probably continue it in this thread for the sake of keeping the work on my wagon centralized.

Comment

thats sucks man.... so whats next?
                        maybe a new thread is in order to keep this from getting uber huge, especially if its a new project.
                        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                        sigpic
                        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

You're probably right, Pete... as if 1,227 posts isn't uber huge already.

Comment

Man these wagons are bitches when you mod 'em...
                            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

You ain't lying.
                              Having troubles?

Comment

Of course! Nothing a bunch of time and money won't fix. Unfortunately I have niether.
                                Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Working...
                                X