No announcement yet.

tv cable help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How the heck do you get the TV cable through the bracket at the throttle body end? Got the old cable off by pulling it and snipping the bare wire (which does not snip easily, btw)
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

iirc it snaps into the metal bracket on 2 sides... i dont have a 5.0 to look at right now, just a tv cable on the early '92 here...

87_crown_vic

Jim and Angela 4lyfe:am:

Comment

Originally posted by deadly_nightshade View Post
        iirc it snaps into the metal bracket on 2 sides... i dont have a 5.0 to look at right now, just a tv cable on the early '92 here...

87_crown_vic

had to unbolt the throttle cable and cruise cable, they slide outward (towards drivers side) and there's a little path in the bracket for the cable to follow

just spent an hour looking for the horseshoe shaped pin (for the tv bushing) that fell while i was trying to install it. it was sitting on my front sway bar.
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

also; car works fine without any of the solenoids hooked up to anything. I still have the EGR harness plugged in but I did away with:

- 2 solenoids on the back of the plenum
          - 1 solenoid on the front of the plenum
          - hockey puck sitting on firewall that provided vacuum to all of the solenoids
          - a variety of nicely colored hard plastic vac lines

all of the solenoids had a wiring harness and two vacuum lines. I just traced them all back to their source and after some unwrapping of tape, I capped it there at the plenum...the hockey puck on the firewall was drawing vacuum directly from the intake, and plumbed in there with a variety of T's and funky splice connectors (2 in, 1 out kind of things) were the vac lines for almost everything else. I can't remember exactly what runs where but;

Only thing I still have hooked up is the wiring harness to the EGR valve. Was told that the computer likes to see it hooked up, even if it's not doing anything since it's got no vacuum. Can't confirm or deny since I didn't even try. I just capped the line coming off of the plenum and tore out everything that drew vacuum from it - The black and white vac lines run to the combo valve, red line (the one that was T'd) runs under the plenum and to the EVR, green line runs from EVR to EGR. I left the single red vac line alone (going to the second vac port under the plenum) since its for the FPR.

we were wondering yesterday if the car would run without the harnesses plugged in to the solenoids...yep. Runs just dandy.
          sigpic

Comment

btw mods please split any relevant posts in here into another thread in the hvac forum called 'thermactor solenoid removal'. the guys gave me some good advice and it would be hard to find for someone in a thread about TV cables.

thanks again all
            sigpic

Comment

FWIW, I left the EGR in place when I removed the smog BS. The reason is that it doesn't hurt your performance, and it might get you better mileage during part throttle cruise (which is most of my driving anyway). I figure I need all the fuel mileage I can get.
              Originally posted by gadget73
              There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
              91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
              93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
              Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
              Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
              95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

I disabled it because it was giving me funky running problems that I couldn't figure out, but went away when I plugged up that green vac line to from the EVR to EGR
                sigpic

Comment

Fair enough.
                  91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.

Comment

I have a pretty great app on my ipod touch called Road Trip LE that I haven't been using much lately, but at the time I was consistently getting 18.<5mpg, and I got 20 something without the valve getting vacuum. Some things make absolutely no sense to me and this is one of 'em
                    sigpic

Comment

goofy

Comment

I've read that it's better to have your TV pressure higher than lower, and I suspect mine might be on the high side..light throttle OD shift is 8km/h higher and on some short streets (on hills a lot of the time) I don't even get 3rd gear.

I love it. Shifts are a bit clunky but it's way easier to drag out the time you spend right in the lopo powerband.

anyway, what's the reason behind high pressure = good, low/no pressure = certain death?
                        sigpic

Comment

btw yes, it does spin all the way through first gear. if i keep my foot in it the tps enhancer enhances it even more gooder and if i play my cards right i spin through third and fourth. never second. that's just fucked.
                          sigpic

Comment

low tv pressure= premature aod death

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

yeah but why?
                              sigpic

Comment

Because it tries to do things without enough fluid moving with enough force to do what needs to be done without failing
                                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                                sigpic
                                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
                                X