No announcement yet.

T5 Time is Now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice progress. I think my wagon will be receiving a t5 quite soon also.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
      What are you going to do about the raw edges of the hole for the shifter?
      I cut a hole in a hood for a scoop, dabbed a little paint on the cut edges & put black door edge trim around it, it's been that way for years, no rust....

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Nice work.. I'm sure you know by now but if you did not ? All T/5's are the same from FORD no matter if it was a 4cyl or V-8 !

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
          Cool! So you did get it lol.
          Your pedal assembly shall live on!
          Originally posted by mrltd View Post
          Nice progress. I think my wagon will be receiving a t5 quite soon also.
          Thanks! I take you have finally decided to keep the wagon?

Did a little more work today. Did the final mock up of everything, made sure you actually do have to drill 2 new holes on the cross member brackets (you do), removed the tranny and bellhousing. Replaced the rear main while I was in there (it leaked pretty badly), and installed the pilot bearing. Every last thing I should need (I hope) came in today, so now it's just a matter of putting it all together.
          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

What's up with rear mains leaking? I replaced the rear seal on one engine a couple months ago, and now I'm realizing I really ought to do the same on my other engine as well. The first one I found I'd installed the old one backwards ... wonder if I did that on the other engine too!
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

More progress! It was nice and in the mid 50's today so perfect wrenching weather.

My buddy came over to help me fab up the pedal assembly. Between us we got nearly everything underneath the car done, I just need to grab a few bolts, and wire up the reverse lights, other wise it's nearly done. Installed the pilot bearing, engine block plate, flywheel and clutch assembly, bellhousing, installed a new shift fork, and throwout bearing, installed the t5 itself, drilled new holes on the crossmember, replaced the output shaft seal, installed the driveshaft, installed the starter, and hooked the exhaust backup.

My balla edition clutch alignment tool and output shaft seal installer.
              Last edited by pantera77; 12-05-2011, 01:31 AM.
              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Lol at OTC. Glad to see my pedal assembly lives on haha.

Comment

updates? car drives? MOAR Faster?
                  2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
                  89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
                  88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

I recommend you upgrade the fuel pump too....... the stock pump was already showing its limitations above 4,000 rpm with the auto, extra RPM with the manual trans will only make it worse.
                    2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
                    89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
                    88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

I gotta say, the trans hump looks silly large with the 5 speed in there. AODs really are porky by comparison.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 88grandmarq View Post
                        updates? car drives? MOAR Faster?
                        Nah, too cold out still. Probably won't be any updates until April unfortunately.

And yes, once it's going I do plan on replacing the fuel pump and entire exhaust system.

Comment

Kinda sort an update. Buddy at work gave me a free Hurst shifter. Took it all apart, cleaned it all up and installed it. Also got the notch in the dash cut for the quadrant, all fits nicely.

3 quick questions, does anyone know what speedo gear I need with 3.55's? Someone had posted a chart here awhile ago that listed them for both T5's and AOD's but I can't seem to find it.

And for those who have done the swap, when you drill the hole for the cable, did you drill it right under the dash support? That seems like the most logical location, and also, what shift handle did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                            what shift handle did you use?
                            I like the Long pistol grip w/button. I believe Hurst makes one also. I don't like ANY kind of t-handle. The typical Hurst ball type works great. I would imagine that you will need a longer lever.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

All I can suggest doing is installing the pedal assembly and using a straight edge or something to figure out where you would need to drill for the clutch cable.
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X