No announcement yet.

Running R-134 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And yes, I remember that part number off the top of my head because I've replaced it on every single Ford car I've had. Some more than a few times.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by friskyfrankie View Post

So, if the fan speed is not actually slowing down then what is or are the issue(s)? Assuming it is not a weird electrical issue I would think it has to be vacuum related.
      its a vacuum problem causing the air to come out of someplace else. Pretty much every issue with the climate controls is some sort of vacuum problem. Usually leaks but the check valve failing acts exactly like a leak. its all fairly easy to test, just tedious and those hand pumps will wear you out.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post

its a vacuum problem causing the air to come out of someplace else. Pretty much every issue with the climate controls is some sort of vacuum problem. Usually leaks but the check valve failing acts exactly like a leak. its all fairly easy to test, just tedious and those hand pumps will wear you out.
        Thought as much. Am going to replace the check valve even though it is less than a year old and OEM, along with the canister (Dorman plastic replacement) and the vacuum line going to it. Hopefully that fixes the issue. Not usually a "parts cannon" person but the parts are already here and the work is not too tedious (getting back there is fun, however).
        What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
        What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Working...
        X