Tripminder Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tripminder Questions

i just got a tripminder from fat nasty with the cfi harness. I need to know what the corresponding wire colors do what functions.

On my old digital clock it had four wires.

they were

Brown= dimmer
    black =ground Same as tripminder
    green with yellow stripe same as tripmiinder
    white wire=power or memory

the tripminder i need to know what these wires are for

white with purple stripe

blue with purple stripe

blue with purple hash marks.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
    -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Bam!
    Attached Files
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

let me go try that out.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
      1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

okay now how do i set up the date and time and other stuff.

Comment

All the buttons work correct?
          Press the time button, hold and then the press reset (R) button. It should then only have the hour on the display. Press the Set (S) until the proper hour is selected, then press time again, it should go to minutes, press set again. Basically do that until you go through the whole thing. In the end you'll have the date and time set. A nice function of the tripminder is that you can press the time button when the ignition is off, and you can still get the time!

Comment

i have it all set up. i have a reading for avg mph. does that mean i got the speed sensor hooked up. and does it usually take long time for it to go back to 0.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
              i have it all set up. i have a reading for avg mph. does that mean i got the speed sensor hooked up. and does it usually take long time for it to go back to 0.
              It will go down as long as the car isn't driven with the key in the run or accessory position. It won't go back to zero unless the amount of time it's been at zero is greater than any other speed. Also if you were to reset it, it would go back to zero.

Comment

thank it just seems that take a while to go up to your average speed. i was doing 40mph and it was reading my average speed was 23.5 MPH

Comment

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
                  thank it just seems that take a while to go up to your average speed. i was doing 40mph and it was reading my average speed was 23.5 MPH
                  Average speed = distance traveled/time... If your going 40mph for like 6 minutes, but were in town for an hour it will take a bit to make the average go up, by rights it should never actually hit 40mph unless you are only traveling this exact speed. Im sure it isn't that accurate though.
                  "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                  1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by 91grandmarquis View Post
                    Average speed = distance traveled/time... If your going 40mph for like 6 minutes, but were in town for an hour it will take a bit to make the average go up, by rights it should never actually hit 40mph unless you are only traveling this exact speed. Im sure it isn't that accurate though.
                    THIS

It's not going to follow the speedometer.

Though it will eventually hit 40mph if travelling at that speed or higher long enough...

Comment

i was doing 40 for only 15 seconds.

Comment

Avg. speed takes in all your stopping and going. I haven't reset mine for about 2000 miles and it shows a avg speed of 34.
                        89 CV LX 225/60 x 16 tires, CC819 rear springs, Front & rear sway bar, trans & PS cooler from 90 cop car. KYB shocks, F-150 on rear. Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe. Dark brown door panels, carpet, steering wheel, trim parts from a 87 Mer GM. Power front buckets from 96 Jeep Cherokee. LED'S front & rear. 3G Alt from a 97 Taurus wagon 3.0. Electric fan. Rear axle from a 97 PI 3.27 with disk brakes. Headlight relays.

Comment

reset it and look directly at your speedo.. it should display exactly what your speedo says for that second.
                          Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

More in a folder I set up

Comment

I scan my manuals in to PDF format. Send me a PM with an email address if there is a need for personal reference materials.

I will probably clear that folder tonight so be wise and REVIEW the pictures soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X