Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

90 Lincoln Town Car Shroud, Manifolds, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90 Lincoln Town Car Shroud, Manifolds, etc.

I installed the 90 Lincoln Fan Shroud (my old one was slightly melted! and kept having the fan blade hit it). Silence up front now, but I ran into an issue with the windshield washer/coolant jug. Even with that removed, where am I supposed to mount the intake tube and box? I have a rear air shock compressor mounted right where it looks like I'm supposed to install the box. Or did I not take everything off that I should have?

I left the factory washer/coolant jug in place as well as the factory intake setup.
    -Nick M.
    Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
    03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

you'll also need a aero washer tank, relocate those relays in the corner, reposition the compressor, and THEN you can mount the newer style intake.

IIRC. I have no clue where to put the compressor though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

It's bound to fail sometime anyway - begone I'd say!
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Ahhh ok - so it's not as plug and play as I thought. Oh well, not a problem. I got the shroud on, the fan doesn't bang against it like the old warped one. I just wanted things quiet. Thanks for the replies.
        -Nick M.
        Columbia, SC

Comment

what car did you put it on? the 91 should have the proper inner fender to mount it up, the 87 won't. The 90 airbox is fairly crappy anyway with that small tube and the plastic fake MAF. I'd rather have the stock one, its less restrictive even if it is right in the way. Later 90s airboxes are larger and work fine when used with air tubes from the 00's.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            what car did you put it on? the 91 should have the proper inner fender to mount it up, the 87 won't. The 90 airbox is fairly crappy anyway with that small tube and the plastic fake MAF. I'd rather have the stock one, its less restrictive even if it is right in the way. Later 90s airboxes are larger and work fine when used with air tubes from the 00's.
            I put the fan shroud onto the 1991 Wagon. Tried the other stuff but stopped when I couldn't figure out how to make it all work. I'll just leave it alone, and sell off the remaining parts like the air box, tube, etc.
            -Nick M.
            Columbia, SC

Comment

Working...
            X