Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a lower to go with it ?
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Lol no, Vic and I tried but couldn't get those metal coolant lines off and didn't have the tool to get the fuel rails out of the way. Didn't have the hole drilled out for the IAC anyway but it did have the boss for it.. Haven't seen one yet that was already drilled out for it so is that something I'll have to have done?
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

the ACT boss you mean? yeah... no explorer used that as they were all mass air and used the sensor at the air-box or in the MAF.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I had a hacksaw, but if we can find a lower with that IAT port already drilled that's what you want. What year Explorer has that port anyway? I know the answer is around here somwhere, I'll search for it when I get the chance. So far all the 97+ Explorers that we have seen have had lowers that will require drilling and tapping that port.

Edit: yes, Sly, that's what he's referring to.
          Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
          ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
          ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Yeah, you're not finding one drilled, but its just 3/8 NPT. Nothing you can't do with a drill of the proper size and a pipe tap. I've done two myself. None of the Explorers used it, and after a while the boss went away entirely.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

So, Derek, what we need to do is drill and tap the lower at the yard before removing it. That way if it doesn't turn out right you can move over to the next one and try again. If it's as simple as drill and tap I guess you don't really need to have a shop do it, and there's no reason we can't just do it at the yard (once we have the right tools). Also while at the yard we can just grab a sensor from a box and throw it on.
              Last edited by VicCrownVic; 08-30-2015, 01:31 PM.
              Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
              ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
              ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Ah, shame we couldn't nab the one at the yard the yard then. I threw the towel in because I figured you could find them already ready to go. Excited to do the swap though! I'll probably put all new sensors in while I've got everything out. Speaking of that, will I want to swap out the injectors too? More air needs more fuel..

Comment

Injectors are matched to the ECM. Can't go more injector unless you change the ECM to one programmed for larger injectors. If you want to waste the money on it, you might be able to re-program the stock ECM for larger ones, but honestly with the massive choke point that are the stock cylinder heads, along with the wimpy cam, you won't actually need it.

Comment

Nah, if that's the case then its a waste of money. I'll do this and then run it until something major breaks, at that point we'll hopefully have the house, garage and sufficient tools for me to do an engine swap. I've put enough money into this year...

Comment

Working...
                    X