It's back...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol... it can be frightening though.
    Like when you do your first valve cover gasket job and snap almost all thier plastic vacuum lines in the process. The 85 sat for a while with the hood off in the sun (before I owned it) so the lines were more brittle than usual.
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Sorry, 85Merk, I've never lived with Ford CFI.

Snapping stupid vacuum lines whilst pulling valve covers does sound highly annoying, though.
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP* View Post
        the TKICK solenoid

Are these available for sale new?
        2000 Grand Marquis LS
        2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
        1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
        1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
        Mercury Owners Group member
        Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

I think Ive seen them availiable - but Ive got a few used ones you can have.
          Are you sure its not working?? It should do its thing when you turn on the AC
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Check your temperature sensor to see if it's hooked to the CFI. It might be sending the wrong signals to the CFI unit, causing it to go all wonky. Just a suggestion, I never had CFI either.
            Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
            Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

It's too early to know for sure, but I did a minor tune (Scott would be proud) up on Monday. New Plugs, Cap and Rotor. The rotor looked pretty bad and had a hole drilled almost through the pickup from the pin on the cap. The coil wire at the cap was also corroded quite a bit. The plugs looked like new with a perfect gapping. Perfect coloring with no deposits.

Has not stall for the last two days (knocks on wood)

I would think those things would cause a consistent missing issue not an intermitent stalling, but maybe.

I am going to do the wires and coil next. 30 bucks for a friggin coil.
              2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP* View Post
                I think Ive seen them availiable - but Ive got a few used ones you can have.
                Are you sure its not working?? It should do its thing when you turn on the AC
                It does work, just wondering if it's sticking sometimes. Can never test it because it won't stall with the hood open.
                2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

hhmm... we should have tinkered with it saturday!

the ignition parts could be affected by temperature and humidity maybe? hopefully the new ones helped
                  sigpic

Comment

That was my thought, but it seems to be random tempature wise, maybe humidity is the issue.

When I replace the wires I will lube them to keep moisture out.
                    2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Stalling again.

Does the 85 CFI have codes that can be read?
                      2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

yep, same as up to 91
                        sigpic

Comment

OK

I am gonna try fuel injector cleaner and some dry gas.

If that doesn't help i will see about getting the codes pulled.
                          2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Pauline stalled all the way home, every time I stopped.

I had a bottle of dry gas hanging around so I throw that in and heads to Taco bell, avoid the new Taquitos by the way, boring...

any who.

I stop at Pep Boys, get a bottle of injector cleaner and throw that in. Climbed on the bumper and bounced her around real good to mix it all up. Start it up and go upstairs to check something. Come back down, there she is just idling along fine. So I pop the hood and start looking around. Still idling fine. Everything is hooked up that I can see, no dry or rotted hoses. Still idling fine. Fiddle with the idle speed some. Still idling fine. Turn on the AC, idle picks up just as ordered. Pull the plug on the Tkick, idle drops, plug it in, idle goes up. Still idling fine.

This morning not a single stall. But of course that happened after I changed the plugs and rotor. Ran great for two days.

I am beginning to think she just wants attention.
                            2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Working...
                            X