Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

non-panther digi cluster retrofit (Raser is the man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

too much work pete, heres that console i built by the way..lol, here raser, the only dash pics i have for now.....
    jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

Typical Townie dash. This is an 86, but they're all damn near identical.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

yeah, the one at the yard looked just like it would fit in there. it hat the three pods and all. tha main difference is on the dash right above the radio and that chrome strip where you have a simulated wood piece this one has a row of buttons to control the functions of the digi cluster. i'll pick it and the bottons up next tim i'm there, probably tomarrow. some one ripped the radio area up pretty bad trying to get the radio out so i'll see if i can find another one for you.
        sigpic"I love it when a plan comes together." Hanibal Smith (A-Team)

Comment

sweet deal mang, let me kno whassup, im wantin that speedo bad, and if its 3 pods like the one pete found and similar kinda to the t-bird ones then ill make a custom mount for the other 2 pods where my center dash vents used to be, where the fur panel is now(big hole, used to have xm radio mounted there flush, didnt like it and removed it, left a hole, lol, oops)
          jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

If you're going to try and use the mesage center and fuel gauge portions, might as well leave them in the cluster and swap in the whole thing into the dash.
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

allright '83tc i've got the digi dash that fits your car and and the buttons with the wood trim to go around them. i also got plenty of wire so it sould be easy to splice in to your car. the speedo is done with the speedometer cable is all you have to do is figure out where to aply powerto get it to light up.i would assume that the guys here can help with that. just e-mail me at raser13@yahoo.com and we will make arangments to get it to you!

Comment

hey 83tc not to hate or anything but what is up with all the fake fur??? it looks like a muppet exploded all over your dash...

Comment

Originally posted by raser13
                  hey 83tc not to hate or anything but what is up with all the fake fur??? it looks like a muppet exploded all over your dash...
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

lol, yeah, i know, its ugly, covers the cracks in the dash nice, itll be replaced with tan crushed velvet once i get around to it, looks way better, already did the rear deck area with it...i sent you an email about that speedo raser btw....

Comment

did you nab the message center brain with that??? u needs it
                      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                      sigpic
                      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

nope didn't grab it where on the car is it and what does it look like???

Comment

damm i hate when i leave a muppet in the hot car and it explodes

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

lol

Comment

I dunno - Gadget does, hes working on the same thing.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by raser13
                                nope didn't grab it where on the car is it and what does it look like???
                                Under the dash on the driver's side. Its mounted to the left of the radio on that "plate" to the right of the gas pedal. Its a big silver box with ginormous plug going into it. To make the message center work, you'll also need the massive wiring harness going from the brain to the tripminder buttons and to the display itself.
                                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                                X