headlight question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

headlight question

so i just went through this entire section looking for the answer to my question, so that takes care of the flamers, if they are on this site.

now for my question:

on the late 80's chevy big body cars, they upgraded to one peice composite headlights. did ford ever do that with any of their cars?

i'm buying my friends Merc GM soon, and i would like to goto the one piece lights, either actual ford ones, or make chevy one's fit.

anybody know?

A couple people have done this, I think it looks pretty neat. I dont know how it looks up close, I might change my mind then.

One member here has done it, look for the blue 79 Landau Vic in the readers rides section.

Last edited by 85crownHPP; 06-25-2007, 08:45 PM.
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

to GMN! We like random guys who ask a lot of worthwhile questions.

Yeah, 79BLUES from San Diego posted about his one-piece headlight install. Said he got his from an '89 Celebrity. It really doesn't look bad; I can only assume it works pretty well also. Still not sure if I like it enough to actually try it myself, but it'd certainly make for an interesting project!

Linky: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=16862
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

say, that actually looks pretty nice, a little sunk in, but that can be fixed lol. i like it. i think hid's would look pretty good coming out of the front of that.

Comment

lol, it looks like an older Caprice.

Hey, I wonder if Caprice headlights would fit better?

Comment

I was reading hot rod magazine today and they used a pair of chevy truck headlights from the mid/late 90's to replace a pair of sealed beams on a firebird. Looks pretty good but they were slightly narrower.
            -Matt
            1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
              lol, it looks like an older Caprice.

Hey, I wonder if Caprice headlights would fit better?

Generally that's what people use.
              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

awesome. cant wait to get the car

Comment

Working...
                X