Dave's Hot Rod '84 Merc 2 dr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it was actualy off a '89 cv,,
    Well i finaly put a cd player in, and i can still put my 8 track sterio back in if i wanted to since i baugt the wireing harnes for my cd player to plug right in:megadeth:

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN
        Looks good, Dave! Btw, is that rear stabilizer bar original, or did you put that on there?
        Oh come on Nathan, you should be able to spot a PI vs Civilian Rear Sway bar!

Hehe it's my ID for a former police car. Whenever I see I box I always look underneath for the fat rear PI bar. I saw one today... oddly enough on a vinyl top '88-'91. I think it was one of those rare "P72 LX's" like some guy on CVN has.

The snow pics look good Dave. Do you drive it in the snow and salt? I can't bring myself to get mine in the salt anymore.
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie
          Oh come on Nathan, you should be able to spot a PI vs Civilian Rear Sway bar!
          Well soooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry if my sway bar identification skills aren't up to your standards!!!! For the record, I did think it looked a little small, but...I wasn't sure.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
          1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
          But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

unfortunatly yes i have to drive it in the snow since it is my only means of transportation and i cant afford another car right now,, But this will be the last winter she sees, after this winter its going to be a summer car only, then i would like to get a box town car '83-'85 for an every day driver, for next winter,,
            Any way here is a pic of my cd player installed.

Comment

yea nate,, Shame on you:nonono: I even knew it was a civilian sway bar, then again i was the one that installed it,

Comment

Originally posted by Dave84
                i would like to get a box town car '83-'85 for an every day driver, for next winter
                Did Canadian cars get EFI in '86?

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

well the canadian town cars where cfi in 83 to 85 i beleve then went to multiport injection, Crown vics and Grand Marquis had carb '79 to 1985 then multiport injection after that

Comment

So why do you want an '83-'85? EFI performs better and will get better gas mileage. Or is there some other advantage about those years that I'm unaware of?

Comment

well even up to '87 i would take,, the reason? beacuse if your car is over 20 years old it dosent need an E-test

Comment

Oh, I see. You tricky, tricky mang...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN
                          For the record, I did think it looked a little small, but...I wasn't sure.
                          I hear ya mang, the civilian ones confuse me sometimes too. They usually take a few more looks to make sure.
                          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Look at my new valve cover's mang's. Now i just gotta strip the paint off and polish um up :megadeth:

Comment

OOOO! SWEEEET! I WANT SOME!

sigpic
                              - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Those look really cool, Dave! I'm looking forward to seeing the pics of those installed on your engine!

Comment

Working...
                                X