No announcement yet.

Dave's Hot Rod '84 Merc 2 dr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess it would be better to have just one car to put all your effort in than trying to spread thin funds over two cars. Why did you chose to keep the 4Dr over the 2Dr?

And welcome bilmarq!
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

well the 4 dr rides much better and has alot more power, and i have it on the road, so couldent relly afford to get the 2 dr back on the road again at the moment,

Comment

im not a big 4door guy but your brown 4door is pretty sharp looking

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

hey

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
          Cool! Glad to hear you finally got your gas tank issues straightened out, and that your beautiful Merc will once again be on the road.

300th post, btw.
          hey im daves brother, do you own all 3 of those cars in your signature pic?

Comment

The two boxes are mine, the whale in the middle is my dad's '01 CVPI.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
            1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
            But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

NATHAN IN MN::: i really like those police interceptors, but from like 97 down im not really to fond of, but 98 up, my dream car ahahah, i would kill for a police interceptor, all tho, killing, would just put me in the back of one hahah

Comment

I was wondering if you've sold the Mark VII yet. I'd buy it if I was up there, it's pretty sweet.
                88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

GAH!!! its an AOD scoop!!
                  Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                  'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                  sigpic
                  85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP* View Post
                    I actually think it looks somewhat decent on there. Of course, I wouldn't think of putting one on my car as long as it makes under 500hp or so ..... :p
                    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I actually just started reading this thread today (got thru it all too!) I apologize for going back to some earlier posts, but how good did those ranger wheels fit?
                      I got a set off of a '92 ranger, the ones with the slanted spokes, and it seemed that the bolt pattern was a little different...they'd go on, but I almost had to force them, my bolts were just a shade wider than the holes (or was it the other way around? been a while, can't remember exactly now)
                      Anyway I couldn't use them, the lug nuts wouldn't seat correctly. Did rangers go to a metric pattern after a certain year or something?
                      People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. ~ George Orwell

1990 Crown Vic, 2006 Ford Fusion, 2003 Ranger

Comment

yea my ranger wheels slid right on with no prob, but they where off a 88 i beleive

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP* View Post
                          What do you mean by that?

Comment

AOD is a member on her , he hasn't been around in a while. He had a Vic IIRC and he called it "hoodscoop" because he had one on it like that.
                            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

That clears things up.

Comment

Anyway Dave, I thought the Ranger wheels looked kinda neat....they were unique.
                                Wish mine hadda worked.
                                People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. ~ George Orwell

1990 Crown Vic, 2006 Ford Fusion, 2003 Ranger

Comment

Working...
                                X