No announcement yet.

The Flying Brick - 90 CV CS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks awesome Zack! Can't wait for it to be a little lower. And one thing you might consider for the "new" defense is a newer engine swap? I've often considered a newer engine being dropped into my Vic. If you can find it the best overall street machine would be a 5 speed/ 3 valve 4.6L 05+ Mustang GT engine. They have good low end torque so they would deal with the extra weight pretty well. And the aftermarket support is very good for it.

Comment

Yeah, I might someday. One of the main draws of a box for me was the pushrod engine. Once I work up more knowledge I may someday.
      2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

hows she running now??? you have the HO upper and all right? any video???
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I would definitely stick with the pushrod engine,and just build it up.The aftermarket parts for those Mustang 4.6's are horribly overpriced.

Comment

Just wanted to say that is a nice wagon. It turned out really good.

Comment

Looks super! And you got the right color red for your wagon!

I see you painted the blackout trim on the tailgate below the rear window. What did you use? I'm afraid to use regular flat paint (it will chalk).
              1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
              1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
              Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
              Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

i'm still drooling zach

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                  Looks super! And you got the right color red for your wagon!

I see you painted the blackout trim on the tailgate below the rear window. What did you use? I'm afraid to use regular flat paint (it will chalk).
                  I just peeled off the old decal cause mine was all cracking up then just rattle canned it with semi flat black.

Yeah I have the HO upper and the headers are getting installed this weekend, I have the manifolds and cats off right now just didnt have time to bolt up the headers and the offroad h-pipe last weekend.

Comment

remember to use fender covers and keep your hands off the paint. dont need greasey hand prints on your new paint job. turned out damn nice.
                    Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

I got the brakes and the headers done on it. I started out with used Mac headers, fit like shit so I just sucked it up and bought a set of BBK headers. Fit like a glove. Still have to put on my offroad h-pipe but I love the sound of open headers.lol

I did the front brakes also. They were terrible, so I got new rotors, calipers (police), pads, hoses and all new bearings. I painted the calipers cast iron so they dont turn all nasty after awhile. And yes the pads do have red on them but that is the brake quiet so it will wear off after awhile. I also undercoated the inside of the wheel wheels cause of overspray from the paint and painted the frame in that section. Turned out decent.

I also got ford racing 9 mm wires and some Thrush glasspacks. I got the wires as my newer xact wires I got when I did a tune up in feb, they broke when I pulled them off the plugs so they suck. Got the good shit now though.

Next is to get the offroad H-pipe and thrushes on and have my exhaust guy bend up some tail pipes for me.

Here are the old macs compaired to my manifolds and downpipes.

Pads on it were gone. I am sorry for the shitty pics too. Also I realize the engine bay is dirty as hell, but I will paint/detail shit in the spring.

Comment

Adding some go to the show, good work. Gonna let us know how she sounds now?
                        -Matt
                        1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

you weren't kidding about those brakes being shot lol. You know, I never realized how close to a 90 degree the stock exhaust makes out of that first cat. That can't be doing anything useful for good exhaust flow.

What did you use for the caliper paint, actual caliper paint, or just high-temp engine or header paint? I ought to paint mine up, its one of the many things I didn't do when I tossed the front end together.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

If you think open headers sound nice, what till you got the BBK's and the o/r H-pipe, it'll sound real mean

And I can't wait to see it all finished. Especially when you get the dark tint, that'll be badass.
                            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Yeah I used High temp engine paint. I drove it around, pissed off some nieghbors doing WOT drivebys with open headers.lol Just gotta get that h-pipe on and I will have my exhaust guy bend up some tails for me, mid december cause that is my next break from school after thanksgiving.

Comment

having the open headers i would have worried about burning stuff under the hood. open flames from the headers on the stuff under the hood makes for a crispy waggin'
                                Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Working...
                                X