Just paint some flames down the middle.
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

I like no woodgrain. Go chip foose on its ass zwack
      Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

it looks so dark now. if i were you i would black out the chrome on the bezelsfor coon eyes and do the grille. those pictures dont do it justice. i know that the paint is lighter in color than the pics show it to be. lookin good mang.
        Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Well I got the rest of the woodgrain off today. Got the clips out of the drivers side quarter and started grinding the rust off. I will hopefully have the rear side light on that side shaved tomorrow and to start welding up those holes. I will see if I need to weld any patch panels in on that rust. I have ground it down but there are still pits of rust. I will keep grinding but I am afraid the metal is going to get too thin. I will bring my camera to class tomorrow to show you guys what I have been up too, so look for pics tomorrow.
          2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Well I got some pics. I cut out the rust in the lower quarter, I still need to cut out the fender lip. Here are the pics...

Now I got the rear side light shaved on that one side. I still have to grind more but I ran out of time. Naturally when I start welding on my own vehical I get the worst welder in the shop. That sucked so the welds wern't pretty but they penetrated and get ground off anyway so it doesn't matter.

Comment

is there any other kind of markerlight going back on the car?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Nope she is gone.

Comment

Looks good, Zack! Quick question, when you welded in those patches (I'm assuming you're using a MIG welder for that) what voltage and wire feed speed did you use? I'm gonna have to do that on my cars before long.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                  1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                  But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Depends on the welder. Most welders will have what to set it at under the access panel were you load in your wire. See the miller I used today had numbers but the lincolns I was using before were letters for the settings. I just looked up what they recommend for the gauge of metal. I set if for 20 gauge (since that is what my patch is) and bumped it up till it got decent penetration on a test piece of metal.

I should have wore my welding jacket today as my arms are really starting to hurt from the sunburn it gave me.lol

Comment

Okay, gotcha. The ones we have here at school let you set the voltage to whatever you want (digital display and a 10 turn pot) and the wire feed speed in inches per minute (another digital display and 10 turn pot).

End of thread hijack.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Welcome to Box ownership zwack!

Looks like it's gonna be a fun project.Gotta love shaving stuff on the body and making it look much cleaner than before.So far I've shaved the antenna on mine,I wanna shave my Vic's door handles eventually.Good Luck with it!

Comment

dont move to VA youd fail state inspection for no side marker lol

shes goona look awesome!!!!
                          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                          sigpic
                          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

looks good so far zach

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

quick question...why do you have the front apart? is it for the removal of the woodgrain?
                              Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Oh I took it off cause I am going to replace the headlights with H4 headlights. I need to grind the holes in the headlight buckets so they fit so I need to get the die grinder out.

Comment

Working...
                                X