The Flying Brick - 90 CV CS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dont move to VA youd fail state inspection for no side marker lol
    How they gonna know it had one to begin with? Not all cars have them...
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Mang you don't waste no time getting into the body work on that thing!

It will look clean without the rear side markers, but I'd check the law. It's a must have for '68+ vehicles here in VA.
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Little late, but did you fuck up the trim removing it? I'll buy it off ya if it's not too bad. I need some spares to refinish and install....I'd also take the markers....
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

good thing here in Nebraska we have inspection on cars that only check the VIN when the vehicle is bought from outta state
          Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Shit the trim is in the dump now. There was no decal left on it and where it was it was lifted. I still have the markers though if you want them.
            2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

I didn't care about the decals...Was gonna actually paint em...I'll still take the markers.

Comment

Whoops sorry. Yeah I am on spring break right now so when I get back next week I will round them up. I will pm you then. You wont happen to want a extra roof rack would you? That is the only other wagon specific thing that is getting tossed on this thing. Marquisman has first dibs on the spoiler but other then that it is all there. Up to you weather you want it or not, not like it is really worth anything anyway.

Comment

I'll take what I can get....

Comment

yay for spoiler, lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by boXman
                      How they gonna know it had one to begin with? Not all cars have them...
                      yes they do....
                      starting after 1960 something all motor vehicles have to have some sort of side shining light red in rear and amber up front PLUS a reflector in those areas.
                      If its part of the forward or rear lamp assebly that qualifies as long as it can be seen from the side.

Its the same way if you remove your 3rd brake light... fail!!!!!!!

Thats how its layed out in the VA state inspection manual (written by the state police) so find a VA state trooper to argue about it with, not me
                      Last edited by 85crownHPP; 03-25-2007, 07:39 PM.
                      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                      sigpic
                      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

how are you getting the adhesive off and wad u use to get the wood grain off
                        sigpic
                        1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

I'm not concerned at all with the no sidemarkers as there are a shit ton of guys with custom cars and trucks here that shave their tails completely and put different ones in the rollpan. Sides are completely shaven. This is why I love NE.

83CS I got it off using a heatgun and an induction heater. I mainly used the heatgun as it heated it up faster. Just heat up a section start it with the razorblade and pull. Heat in the direction you are pulling and you should be able to almost get it off in one clean sheet per panel. For the adhesive I have been using 3M adhesive remover. Now that is a bitch. I have only started on the quarter I have been doing the rust repair. Lots of elbow grease there.

Comment

i tryed that but i think my glue is so old thast it didnt work so aircraft stripper did the job and than i think im gunna use a water down stripper to get adihiive off with power washer
                            sigpic
                            1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

Originally posted by zwack88
                              Oh I took it off cause I am going to replace the headlights with H4 headlights. I need to grind the holes in the headlight buckets so they fit so I need to get the die grinder out.
                              i orderd H4 conversoins for mine but they havent shown up yet

Comment

I got mine in. I need to get some for teh brights though.

Comment

Working...
                                X