No announcement yet.

FatNasty's 1984 Grand Marquis GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rear disk brakes were from a 97 crown vic. Pretty straight forward installation too, you just need to find the adapters for the brake line fittings, napa had them.

Dual exhaust going on monday!!!!!!!

Then 3G alt and electric fan...

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
    1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
    1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

Dude, you're FINALLY PoTM! Why do I have the sneaking feeling that first pic was specially selected to make me want to remove the reflectors from my turn signals too? :p
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Congrats on PoTM, and allow me to say that I love the upgrades to your car. They are very effective, and also very well thought out.
        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

congrats on panther of the month

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
          302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
          k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

So are the duals on? What setup did you go with?
            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

You said these pictures are from this spring? I like the looks for your weather. We still have four feet of snow on the ground, with more on the way. Good times in Canada.
              sigpic

Comment

thanks everyone!

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                Dude, you're FINALLY PoTM! Why do I have the sneaking feeling that first pic was specially selected to make me want to remove the reflectors from my turn signals too? :p
                Perhaps...... One of the best modifications i ever made to the car, cleans the whole look of it up. Orange just doesn't fit in on the car, especially just that little bit.

Originally posted by Kaysboat View Post
                You said these pictures are from this spring? I like the looks for your weather. We still have four feet of snow on the ground, with more on the way. Good times in Canada.
                Dont have any pics from this spring yet, we still got a little bit of snow on the ground here. All those pics were probably from last spring, or even fall.

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
                So are the duals on? What setup did you go with?
                Ran into some problems with the exhaust shop. According to the people i talked to who went there and my phone call to the shop itself, they could, and would do all the work i wanted done. I got the car there, and they inform me they wouldn't install the headers or remove the cats, i would have to do that and drive it back.... Great so i show up on the day they start doing things legally, its like they got spooked, as if i were wearing an epa shirt or something. So i made a new appointment and was going to put on the headers then take it in again, and they called me and said they would have to install cats on there too. Well, no way i'm buying new cats so it looks like i will have to do my best and install the exhaust myself with a mustang h-pipe, impalla tails, etc. Might delay the project a little bit though. Oh, and the mufflers i ended up going with are flowmaster delta 50's

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)

Comment

Installed a 3G alternator this moring. Got it out of a 3.0L taurus. Thats about one of the easiest modifications you can do. Some new charge cables, a mega fuse, crimp a couple wires, and bam! Double the amps. Only problem i ran into was there was a small clearance issue with the alternator bracket. It was only a problem when slipping the belt on, the front of the alternator kind of digs into the adjustment slot on the bracket. Its only by a little so i could pull on the bracket a little and slide the alternator along.

still getting 13.9 volts with every possible accessory on

Now the electric mark VIII fan, a few more electrical projects, then lots of wiring/underhood cleanup.

Comment

You need to find a good exhaust shop. Around here we got a guy who basically worked under the table. He charges you for the parts and 20-30 bucks extra depending on how much labor was involved. He doesn't chaarge tax and doesn't worry about installing any illegal system. I'm gonna go to him to cut off my cat and put in a test pipe. Friend of mine said he'll charge me probably 50 bucks to
                    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Congrats on the win for POTM. Finally one I voted for won! Keep up the good work.
                      2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

car looks sweet man...congrats on POTM

Comment

Thanks again everyone!

The exhaust is pretty much put on hold for now, the money is needed elsewhere for a while, I'm buying a house right now which is taking some priority. So some low budget projects for a while.

Did get around to installing a mark VIII electric fan today. WOW that moves some air! Wasn't the cleanest install i've ever done, need to make some better ways to mount it, and clean up the wires a lot. I used the hayden fan controller kit, but cant wait to get rid of it, i hate those stupid radiator probe things. I wanted to use a thread in sensor to turn it on, but the port on the front of the lower intake is already taken up for my gauge, and i havent thought of a good way around that yet.

My next project will be installing a fuse/relay box from a mid 90's panther to replace all the fusible links and clean up all the underhood wiring.

Comment

yooo mann. this 84 cleannnnn as hell. once i learn how 2 load pics ill show what i have.
                            later!

Comment

Been meaning to get started on a new engine for quite some time, could never quite decide what direction i wanted to go until now. As of recently, the current engine is dying, oil pressure down to like 6, coolant in the oil, noisy, smoky, gutless and dead. Picked up a 98 explorer gt40p motor this morning. Seems to be in great shape. Under 100k, 50psi warm idle, compressions between 175-190. Going to start collecting the parts i need, and will finish as budget allows. Pics!
                              Attached Files

Comment

sweet!!!!!!!!
                                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                                sigpic
                                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
                                X