No announcement yet.

My Vicky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10-20 mph collisions in these cars aint shit.. i'm suprised the tank didn't knock that sucker over and keep on goin.
    Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

Sucks to hear about your car. My moms old Tempo had to have the frame fixed on it costing $400 and that was just from running into a curb. It was repaired to the best of their ability but was never the same again. I don't know about you but if i am dealing with a car with a screwed frame, I just get rid of the car and look for another one but maybe you don't get discouraged as easily. Maybe the best thing is to look for a rusty shit box with a good frame and do a frame swap. As for the tickets, you will probably be able to keep your license, your insurance will be jacked sky high though. I have a careless on my driving record that is going to haunt me until October of 2010 but mine was from doing fish tails but did not hit anything. If I was you, I would have fired the car back up and got the hell out of there.

Comment

That had to be more than 20 mph... unless that bumper was seriously rusted out...
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

it definitly wasnt faster than 20, not possible, it was prolly cause it was hit directly in the middle between the frame pieces that hold the bumper on and it caused it to crumple... if it had been a wall i think it wud not have looked quiet as bad, it wudda been bad but i think it hit the tree in a bit of a softspot...
          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Middle of the bumper is fairly weak. Theres that C shaped support underneath it, and that is absoultely all until you get back to the rad support. Real easy to crunch the front end of a Panther if you hit something solid in the right (wrong?) spot.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              Middle of the bumper is fairly weak. Theres that C shaped support underneath it, and that is absoultely all until you get back to the rad support. Real easy to crunch the front end of a Panther if you hit something solid in the right (wrong?) spot.
              thanks! i was hoping i wasn't crazy haha.
              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Hmmmm.. looking back, the fenders dont look very damaged... I guess seeing the bumper bent into a 'V' is jarring to the brain.

Remind me not to run into any trees/poles at 20+...
                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                sigpic
                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

well... at least now you have a few extra parts if needed later on... the bezels, headlight stuff, hood ornament, and bumper horns didnt look like they were hurt none. hmmm just thought since you were needing a hood... and this is your excuse to swap it... you can try and find a slotted bumper now also!!!
                  Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod_CrownVic View Post
                    Sucks to hear about your car. My moms old Tempo had to have the frame fixed on it costing $400 and that was just from running into a curb. It was repaired to the best of their ability but was never the same again. I don't know about you but if i am dealing with a car with a screwed frame, I just get rid of the car and look for another one but maybe you don't get discouraged as easily. Maybe the best thing is to look for a rusty shit box with a good frame and do a frame swap. As for the tickets, you will probably be able to keep your license, your insurance will be jacked sky high though. I have a careless on my driving record that is going to haunt me until October of 2010 but mine was from doing fish tails but did not hit anything. If I was you, I would have fired the car back up and got the hell out of there.
                    Had the radiator not gone into the fan, I would've left. Lol. The engine was still running after impact. So it was drivable somewhat.

Comment

Originally posted by 87_crown_vic View Post
                      well... at least now you have a few extra parts if needed later on... the bezels, headlight stuff, hood ornament, and bumper horns didnt look like they were hurt none. hmmm just thought since you were needing a hood... and this is your excuse to swap it... you can try and find a slotted bumper now also!!!
                      Oh god. I checked out a car from craigslist. Holy shit!! It's the cleanest trunk and hood I've ever seen. Hardly any rust. He won't sell it. Was posted as parted out. But someone offered to buy the whole car for 650 bucks. So that blew my offer out the window. That car had options guys. Tripminder, autolamps, illuminated entry, atc.

Bumper horn on the drivers side is pushed in on Vicky.

Comment

holy shit I just found out what happend john the important thing is that your ok.
                        at least you will will have plenty of parts if you deciede to finally take her off the road. still sucks to here about it mang

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Tomorrow's judgement day.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                            Tomorrow's judgement day.
                            With your insurance company??
                            '79 Continental Town Car
                            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                              With your insurance company??
                              No mang, with the town of Haddonfield, where I had the accident. Stupid fucking provisional license bullshit. I had 2 people with me in the car instead of one. So I violated my provisional license. Which apparently, you have to go to court for. So I don't know what's going on with my license. I'll let you mangs know afterwards. Wish me luck.

Comment

GL mang.
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X