No announcement yet.

The 93 GM "Tank of Justice II" (TOJ2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps swap the Marauder engine into the Tank. LOL Or build a 4v clone. Whatever you end up doing, it will be sweet.

Packman

Comment

I picked up intake manifold gaskets today. I'm gonna take a look and see if that was the culprit. If so, the new PI intake manifold will be going on in the next week. Which will make everything so much easier when it's time to install the PI motor. Look for tons of pics and possibly a how-to soon.
      I want to go sideways like a boss in this snow, and fear the repercussions.
      Stay tuned mangs!!

-ryan s.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

I didn't think you could install a PI intake on non PI heads. I thought the ports were completely different shapes...

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
          I didn't think you could install a PI intake on non PI heads. I thought the ports were completely different shapes...

What? PI intakes are one of the most common mod's for nPI cars. You just use some RTV around the ports.
          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Look what I found!!!

I pulled the battery out of the trunk and installed it. It's been in there about 6 weeks, in about an inch of water/ice and read 10.65V.
            This was the battery that was in the Limo.
            So, I jumped it with the Town Car. Well, after charging for about five minutes, it fired right up.
            Like a BOSS.
            I need to fix this champion ASAP.
            I also had to make a path to put the battery in.

-ryan s.
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

damn, i wish i had that snow! weather has been completely screwed around here lately
              2010 Toyota Camry "Traveller II "
              54,xxx miles. New daily driver
              2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature "Leroy"
              rear cats deleted, 2" h pipe, dual 8" cherry bomb glasspacks
              114k miles. Sold to my coworker.
              1998 Toyota Camry "Traveller"
              Dead and sold.

Comment

Heading to the junkyard tomorrow to acquire the correct fuel rail for the PI intake manifold swap. And in the mean time, while certain items cool before I work can work on them, I've been prepping stuff for the swap.
                Like putting this sweet nylon flex conduit on the newer engine harness I have.
                Here:

-ryan s.
                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

nice. This is gonna look GOOD.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Went to the junkyard today. I picked up a 96 fuel rail in great condition! And a upper intake plenum, throttle body, brackets, vacuum lines, and 8 skinny yellow injectors.
                    For $15.
                    I'm looking at installing all the good stuff next weekend. I have to finish a few things first.
                    Yea!!

-ryan s.
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Nice score Ryan
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I can't wait to see the tank back inaction, especially PI mode. We need to have a winter beater showdown at Lancaster this year.
                        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

We've been trying to do that for about 3 years...4years. yeah. We'll make it happen this year!! Sweet!!

-ryan s.
                          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

PI Intake Manifold. Success!!!

The Tank now has a PI intake manifold installed. That was the big step towards the PI motor install. I wanted to figure out the top of the motor before the motor swap so that when it came time for it, it would be way easier.
                            It had lots of white smoke pouring out the drivers side tail pipe. I was pretty sure it was a head gasket. But then, it wasn't really drinking coolant, and the oil was still oily, and not chocolate milk. At that point, I was pretty sure it was the intake manifold gasket, especially around the #8 cylinder, because mine has a history of shinanigans.
                            This is what it looked like:

Not very nice.

This gave me a chance to do the PI intake manifold swap and clean up a lot of other things.
                            It went from this:

To this:

From the passenger side:

And the drivers side:

I had some issues with the intake. I had to drill a hole for the IAT. And my big cone filter that I had on there would not fit. So I had to run to the basement and scrounge through the box of intake parts and find a smaller air filter, which I did.
                            Also, there were IAC connector issues, but I resolved them. I ended up using the stock harness, not the sweet one that I put together. I started noticing more differences between the two, and figured it would be better to just modify the existing harness.
                            I will create a write-up for this swap. I took a TON of pictures. And it will take time to create this write up.

In other related news, I dropped 34 lbs from the Tank as well.

Old intake: 30
                            PI Intake: 17
                            13 lbs savings

A/C Compressor: 15 lbs
                            A/C delete: 1.4 lbs
                            13.6lbs savings

Removed A/C lines and Dryer:
                            7 lbs savings

I already had installed the A/C delete kit, but I never actually could quantify the differences.
                            Next up?
                            Put the hood on and roll!

-ryan s.
                            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Nice! Look forward to the write up. Im still trying to make up my mind on the NPI to PI intake swap.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Now to paint the intake tube and valve covers green.
                                88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                                Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Working...
                                X