No announcement yet.

The 93 GM "Tank of Justice II" (TOJ2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you legit need a cop chip to make it work? I'll be honest, when I grabbed the ECM for yours it came from a police car because thats what was handy. If that also magically happened to be the only ECM that works, it was pure dumb luck.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Figured I'd give him a heads up as a tune may be required to just start the damn thing with that PCM.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Well, the Tank is back in the garage and ready for work.
        Last night, I pushed it in to the garage and took the hood off. I cleaned that oil filter adapter, and primed it last night; painted it this morning. It will be going in tonight along with the newer-ish dipstick tube and dipstick.

If I can find an 01 CVPI ECM, I'll throw that in and change everything over. If not, I might have to cough up the $338 for a tune for this thing to work.
        Decisions, decisions.

-ryan s.
        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
        Originally posted by pantera77
        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

If I can get my 99 PCM installed and tuned, the 01 PCM will be returned to stock and offered up.

This will probably not take place until late October or so.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Sly would probably be able to come through for you before I can. Those PCMs are easy to find here in the Detroit area JYs. '99 P71 ARA3 PCMs tend to show up still around here too.
            I've got too much going on and making it out to the yards isn't in the cards any time soon. And I know Derek is pretty busy with the new house, but if he has a chance he might be willing to snag one for you.
            Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
            ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
            ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Well, the dipstick and tube are installed, along with the sweet grabber green oil filter adapter. The power steering pump is reinstalled, along with the starter hardware and the belt. Grey injectors are in as well.

I need to put that new trans pan on, and figure out this PCM issue. And then it's start up time.

-ryan s.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

It lives.
                Haha!

-ryan s.

03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Determination.
                  03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                  02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                  08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                  12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

original PCM or later PCM?

Comment

Original.

03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Comment

It stumbles a bit at idle right now. I'm gonna give it another look over tonight.
                          It'll hopefully move under its own power tonight.

-ryan s.

03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

It moves. It has an exhaust manifold leak on the drivers side. I might flip the car around in the garage to give me more room to work with on that side.

-ryan s.

03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

getting closer...

Comment

SO,
                                I found the issue with the "misfire/stumbling".
                                So, it runs, but it would stumble and miss at idle, make around -18 in. vacuum and 750 rpm.
                                I keep checking connections, and thought that maybe I had accidentally swapped #3 and #4 injectors. I swapped the connectors and it got a bit worse.
                                I'm sitting there, with the engine running, and I notice my dash clock flickered once or twice. Hmmm. I turned off on of my dash switches (accessory) and idle goes up to 850-sh, vacuum to -22in. and it sounds so much better.
                                Looks like I've narrowed down my issue. And I'll be returning my dash and ignition switch(es) to stock. Except the start engine button. I'm keeping that shit.

And it sounds like all exhaust leak is coming from the exhaust manifold to cat pipe. that's a quick adjustment.

I also adjusted the gasket on the oil filter adapter since it was externally leaking coolant. Oh well. Those can be finicky.

Progress! And steam, or something.

-ryan s.
                                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Working...
                                X