No announcement yet.

1982 Ford LTD-S 351W Police Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a nice exhaust set-up that you got. I have some 4" resonated exhaust tips lying around; unfortunately, I can't get them to fit without crushing them on the driveway apron.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
      They are offset/offset mufflers 2.5" in and 2.5" out. I don't care what other people say I love the sound of the flowmasters. anywho, heres some photos of underneath!

That car is sweet mang! I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP* View Post
        *insert sexual grunt*

damn those look good...

was it painted recently??? those close ups look great!!!!!
        About 6-8 years ago by the original owner, unfortunatly it sat in the sun for over 2 years without any care and stuff got baked into it and what not so the piants good, but far from perfect.

Brown Muscle: be careful with those tips out the back like that. They look cool, but I slashed my shin on tips like that one time while leaning over the tailgate of a pickup truck. Not cool.
        Ok thanks I'll be extra careful.
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Those RWL tires need to be facing outward on chrome wheels like Tiggie's

Those tips look great, bet it sounds good too.
          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
            Those RWL tires need to be facing outward on chrome wheels like Tiggie's
            No, his tires are oriented correctly as is for the police look. Actually I think RWL always belong on the inside...
            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Well, I think those tips kinda ruin the police look, they give it more of a hotrod look. So I figure get some Cragar's and have the letters facing out to help with the hotrod look. If I wanted the police look i'd have either turndowns after the mufflers or stock style tails (not chrome but steel or whatever they are). But whatever floats your boat I guess.
              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Yupp I liked the lettering on the inside for the police look. If I was going to get chrome rims and what not I would have put the lettering on the outside. I guess I'm going for a police car look, but with some mods haha, which is what it is. And thanks, ill get a video sometime haha
                -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

*update

Well my friend couldn't weld it that weekend so we just moved things around a bit and reinforced the hangers, and I moved the tips back like 3 inches, I actually DO like it more flush with the bumper haha, also the pipes do not hang as low to the ground anymore

Attached Files
                  -Phil

sigpic

Comment

I like em tucked under the bumper more too mang
                    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                    sigpic
                    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

much better bro!!!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

The RWL look with steelies and poverty caps look great. A real el-strippo muscle look!
                        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Yes, definitely liking the look with the tips tucked in more.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                          1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                          But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Phil and his friend Jay met me today at my house to deliver the gas gauge that I asked him to pick up at the junkyard. He drove his LTD. The LTD is unbelievably clean. Under the hood is prectically spotless. The new dual exhaust setup is awesome and the car sounds amazing, the engine is very quiet, no knocking or anything. It's a great car, Phil, take care of it.

Comment

Hey thanks, this thread hasnt been posted on in a while, and since its about my car I figured I'd say if you want to check out my car domain page, i did a decent amount of updates, its link is right on my signature. If you do happen to drop by gimme a comment, they're always appreciated
                              -Phil

sigpic

Comment

this thread hasn't been resurrected in forever, but the other day while i was at the police station filing a report because i thought someone stole my gas (my float in my gas tank sank actually). I ask the police woman if I could take some pics next to her cruiser, so here they ARE!!!

MINES BIGGER!!! hhahaha
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Brown_Muscle; 04-16-2009, 08:30 PM.
                                -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X