No announcement yet.

1982 Ford LTD-S 351W Police Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hard to find bolts that are shorter than they are fat. Nothing a hacksaw, a file, and a few minutes can't sort out though.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Going to a couple junkyards tomorrow to try to find a 92-97 3.27 rear. Will rebuild it and put the trac lok i got this summer in. I plan on keeping the disc brake setup for later, but just swap over my brand new 11" drum setup over to it for the time being. Anyone know how common the 3.27 rear was in aeros?
      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

The 3.08s were more common but, you never know what you will find. most town car cartier editions had the 3.27s, during those years. You just have to check all the aero body cars. The 3.27s that I have in the wagon, are from a loaded '94 crown vic.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I think the 3.55 was more common than 3.27. 2.73 are more common in the south than 3.08.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Maybe. Up here, 70% of the panthers I have checked in the JY, have had a "Y" axle code.

Comment

if you happen on a box Towncar with a really nice driver's door and front fender, let me know where it is so I can fetch it up?
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Will do!
                -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

Successful day at the yard with John and my other friend nick! Pulled a 3.27 disc brake rear with aluminum diff cover out of an aero gmarq, and also managed to snag an aluminum driveshaft out of an aero police car!

Does anyone know the U-Joint part # needed to mate my slip yoke to the newer shaft?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1804.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	1274132Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1805.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	1274133
                  -Phil

sigpic

Comment

You are lucky. I am having a hard time finding an aluminum drive shaft.

Comment

Very nice Phil. Here is the part number of the u joints I used when I installed my 95 aluminum drive shaft.

Spicer Greasable 5-134x combination U Joints
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Yeah it was a lucky find!

Thanks Dave, That is the stock u-joint for front and back I see based on rock auto's parts. So there is no special adapter U-joint for adapting my yoke to the new driveshaft? I can just use the stock replacements?
                        -Phil

sigpic

Comment

nice snag!

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                          160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                          waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Perhaps I'm too far ahead of the game. I haven't yanked my steel shaft yet but is it possible to use the aero slip yoke? That would sure make it easy!
                            -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Not 100% on the trans yolk but, the dif pinion yolk should be the same.

Comment

Nice!!! I wanted to do that a couple years ago, but my JY crushed the 1 aero they had years ago. They recently started crushing the boxes too .

Packman

Comment

Working...
                                X