1982 Ford LTD-S 351W Police Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post

HAHA i just learned how to insert pictures so im going crazy here. I got lots more if you want them

]
    I love the look of those tailpipes, i think thats the look i'l be going for. Got any pics from directly behind the car?

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
    1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
    1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

No problem about the facebook thing.

I love the look of those tailpipes, i think thats the look i'l be going for. Got any pics from directly behind the car?
      Here is a picture from the back, i'd try to take a better one but my pipes are off now haha, hope it helps you, I get lots of compliments aobut the tips, it seems to be a good way to go i hope i can replicate it with the new tail pipes:

Also I got the other tailpipe off, i ordered 2 impy pipes from rock auto, only 78 bucks! Haha i went to this nearby place and they gave me an estimate of $500 for a set of new standard tail pipes.

Attached Files
      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

500 bucks for a pair of tailpipes? :jawdrop:

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
        1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
        But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
          x1

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
          302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
          k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
            A Ford dealer once quoted me like $1200 to equip the car with factory duals. And the asshat mechanic intellgently advised me, "I don't see why you'd want dual exhaust on that car." Reminds me of the mechanic who told me, "You can't carburete that car."
            Last edited by 1987cp; 01-31-2008, 07:24 PM.
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
              A Ford dealer once quoted me like $1200 to equip the car with factory duals.

wow dealerships really hit ya hard hahaha
              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Totally. Yay for sources like SummitRacing and RockAuto! And heck, your local NAPA as well.

Comment

Late to the game here. Nice 351 Box! They seem to be a rare thing out here.

Comment

1200??? lol I hope youd be getting NOS motorcraft pipes and hangers... my OEM duals cost me $160 for the H, tails and mufflers
                    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                    sigpic
                    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Hey man if you're not doing anything Saturday, there's a breakfast meet in Bensalem, PA. Mostly Lincoln guys but you're welcome since you got a Ford. If you wanna show up, PM me and I'll give you the address and stuff.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

nice ride
                        88 crown vic lx 5.0:3gears:gone but not forgotten
                        now a 99 MGM

gone crazy: be back soon?

Comment

Nice ride! Gotta love the 351W powered Panthers!!

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP* View Post
                            1200??? lol I hope youd be getting NOS motorcraft pipes and hangers... my OEM duals cost me $160 for the H, tails and mufflers
                            Dunno about NOS, but yeah, that price included all Ford parts, including those kewl dead-silent mufflers. Price with NAPA parts was a lot less but still pretty outrageous.

Comment

Yea dude, $1200 is a rip. You can get full duals around here for under $300.
                              1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
                              1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
                              1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

That's an excellent price if it includes labor. I figure I have maybe $300 in my current exhaust ($150 crossover pipe, $30 mid pipes, $40 in mufflers, $80 in tailpipes).

Comment

Working...
                                X