No announcement yet.

1982 Ford LTD-S 351W Police Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are offset/offset mufflers 2.5" in and 2.5" out. I don't care what other people say I love the sound of the flowmasters. anywho, heres some photos of underneath!

Attached Files
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Those really fit nice, don't they? And normally I'm not a big fan of huge chrome tips, but those look SWEET on there!!!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Nice. Smooth bends. How close is the axle to hitting the tails at full compression? They seem to hang a lot lower than mine do.

Comment

Hey thanks!. Up and down wise they're not that close, however they do come close to hitting the shocks, at least the one side does, however it does hit anything, i have it hung nice and tight and even big bumps don't seem to get it to issue any clanging. It is lower then I would like but since the car sits up high it does really matter, I usually just run up curbs and stuff that most cars would destroy thier new plastic bumpers on without a problem hehehe. So overall it worked out very well I would definitly recomend the impy tailpipes as far as the cheapest 2.5" smooth bend tailpipes can go without sacrificing anything exept well, maybe some distance, but that is easily compensated for with the extensions. Ahhh i type to much hahaha. RAVE! :club:

P.S. Torquelover, your cars awsome, love the black and the newer police hubcaps looks soo nice. Saw some of the videos too, haha runs and drives as good as it looks!
          Last edited by Brown_Muscle; 02-03-2008, 07:34 PM.
          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

Where'd you find Firestone Firehawk tires? I thought they got discontinued .
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

welcome!
              great car mang!
              I really like the exhaust setup you got there...very nicely done.
              sigpic
              1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

They are discontinued but I got them from the tirerack, i couldnt get them at any place local, you may want to check there they may still have some left they are GREAT tires. Thanks I appreciate the compliments!
                -Phil

sigpic

Comment

New exhaust looks great! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Now, of course, you realize that we need videos .....
                  2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                    P.S. Torquelover, your cars awsome, love the black and the newer police hubcaps looks soo nice. Saw some of the videos too, haha runs and drives as good as it looks!
                    Thanks, mang. I took it out for an illegal drive in the fresh snow tonight. I almost shat myself when I though I lost the trans after the fast idle dropped, but it was just the snow/loose converter playing with my mind. Much to my surprise, the car started right up after sitting outside since before the last time I saw 1987cp, which was some time ago.

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post

x1.

Those tails might be nice for your exhaust project Michael .

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post

Oh haha of course, I'll try to find a good video/sound recorder to get an accurate recording of what it sounds like, I used my digital camera but it sounds like crap on it, my friend has a good camera i can use :p
                      -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Those are nice bends. Better bends than my custom job. I'll be doing some variation of impala tails with my exhaust project.
                        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                          Those are nice bends. Better bends than my custom job. I'll be doing some variation of impala tails with my exhaust project.
                          I definitly recommend them. I have good news, my friend said his uncle would let us(my friend and I) use his shop and put my car up on a lift and weld the pipes for free, so looks like thats what ill be doing this saturday.
                          -Phil

sigpic

Comment

*insert sexual grunt*

damn those look good...

was it painted recently??? those close ups look great!!!!!
                            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                            sigpic
                            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Brown Muscle: be careful with those tips out the back like that. They look cool, but I slashed my shin on tips like that one time while leaning over the tailgate of a pickup truck. Not cool.
                              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
                                Those tails might be nice for your exhaust project Michael .
                                Heh ... not for now, though. I've already got 2.5" tails on the comparatively hi-po car, and the name of the project for the other one will be making presentable 2.25" midpipes, possibly with an X-type crossover.
                                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
                                X