X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cable-guys-p70-hpp View Post
    Thats 1 nice Ford GMQ............
    That's american, not mexican. now :stfu2:

Mang, your MERC is awesome, will we see you at SF09?
    Last edited by 86VickyLX; 12-11-2008, 12:32 PM.

Comment

If yours are very much similar to ours, they'll have the dimensions stamped on the inside of the rim, right by the back side of the spokes. I'm guessing 7" fronts and 8.5" rears
      hmmm... imma have to check that out... i dont think ive ever noticed numbers on it...but these r old american racing rims...arent yours western-wheels or sumtin like that.

Mang, your MERC is awesome, will we see you at SF09?
      lol....almost 1000 miles... and 16 hour drive...that is a longggg ways to drive lol thats a lil too far for me tho, i think im gonna pass this year, maybe next lol
      ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
      ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

I'm not 100% certain on the brand of mine. Blaze's said "WESTERN" opposite where the dimensions were marked, and mine don't, even though they definitely have the size marked just the same as his did, in raised letters cast into the wheel. I had initially thought mine were American Racing because they came with ARE centercaps. Are yours marked American Racing on the inside somewhere?
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

yea i just noticed a few weeks ago, mine does have the numbers on them...but mine are American Racing, the guy i bought them from said thats what they were when he first bought them...

but, i finally got sum videos of my Merc...it didnt do as good as i thought it would, but it is running on about 3 month old gas, so here ya go anyways...

enjoy haha

and i still dunno if i did this right

---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
          ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

'79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Holy shit. I want this car.

Comment

dammit Bowman... if i make it to SF this year, we would have to convoy out ... it isnt that long of a trip... honestly... for me it is about 20 hours, but i stop just to this side of Chicago for a few hours of sleep at a rest stop and then go on thru with stops for gas and stretch breaks...
                Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Dead sexy!!!!

Just wonreding, would the turbine center caps work with those wheels?
                  That would just be the finshing touch. Some Merc center caps.
                  1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Comment

Only if he wanted to add the studs that the stock centercaps clip onto. I thought about the same thing for my aftermarket turbines, but decided not to permanently modify the wheels.
                    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

thanks mangs !!! 87crownvic, i might make it to SF next year, since my cousin got his merc he wants to go now haha

welp, i guess the links didnt work like planned ...

soo here are the links ...enjoy

This is my 1985 Grand Marquis 2-door, it was a nice day outside, so I decided to hotrod it haha.the video doesnt give it justice...but enjoy

My 1985 Grand Marquis 2-doorjust havin fun...enjoy

My 1985 2-door Grand Marquisjust havin fun...enjoy

Comment

She sounds like a real hot rod!!!
                        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

oh man that merc is bad ass!!!
                          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                          sigpic
                          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

one of these days i will have to get out to Des Moines to see your car and have a mini meet... maybe Donna(jelybean) and her son Damian (damian) would wanna meet up sometime. we only live about 1 hour north of Omaha, so it wouldnt be too much of a drive.
                            Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

if you go you'll have to tell me, i can head back that weekend
                              1979 lincoln versailis, ford test ordered car, factory floor shift with bucket seats.
                              1983 lincoln mark VI, all factory
                              2015 Mustang GT 50yrs SHERROD, 6 speed 302, track pack, premium package, Custom JL sound system.

Comment

Welp, I guess its time for an update finally

I got a heater hose tube thingy, Its gonna make the engine bay look more organized, hopefully, thanks to LTDman telling me what year they were on.

Its not on yet, i just got done sanding and painting it, but It will probably be put on tomorrow, or sometime.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X