X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This shall be an interesting project....*laughs diabolically*

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

... the heck is that gross-looking turdmoble?
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

TURDMOBILE??? Why youse!!!!! *shakes fist in anger*

Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
        Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
          I thought that was a 300 I6.

The 240 and 300 look indentical. They share the same block. The 240 head has a smaller combustion chamber then the carbed 300 but otherwise the heads are the same too.

The 240 is a great engine and it revs much better then the 300 due to it's shorter stroke. It just makes a little less torque then the 300.

Comment

looks good. Now I'll know what I'll be going through soon. Most likely that engine probably had at least another 100k miles in her.
            From what I've been reading over on the truck forums, the EFI exhaust is a definate improvement, especially if you are on a budget, but tubed headers are still way better. Hedman has a set for $165. And that Holley 390 will really wake that thing up. Supposedly the cam kit will give the engine more of a passenger car personality. Rev higher, etc.
            1987 Country Squire LX Wagon 5.0L: Daily Ride......1964 Lincoln Continental 430ci: Toy #1.
            1984 F-250 4x4 4.9L: Toy #2.............................1968 Volkswagen Bug 2.0L: Toy #3.
            1989 F-250 4x4 5.8L: Emergency backup and work truck...

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
              Supposedly the cam kit will give the engine more of a passenger car personality. Rev higher, etc.
              What kind of cams are available for that thing, anyway? Don't suppose they're as cheap as V8 cams?
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                What kind of cams are available for that thing, anyway? Don't suppose they're as cheap as V8 cams?
                No, as they are 1/2 again as long as the V8 cams.

So far as what cams are available, I would recommend something from Comp Cams:
                High Energy 268H
                HYDRAULIC-Moderate performance, noticeable idle, useable RPM range, 1200 to 5200, #66-248-4 268H
                duration I 268, E 268
                duration at .050 I 218, E 218
                Lift I .456 E .456
                110° lobe

That ought to do pretty damn good with that engine. The last 300-6 that I built, I stuffed one of their solid-lifter cams into it, along with having my head guy port the hell out of it. Something a lot different about a 6-banger with a nasty idle.

If you want my opinion, with that heavy truck, I would seriously look into adding the 300 internals, that extra torque is worth it, especially with a 3/4 ton truck.

Comment

:stupid:

More power on the same or less fuel.
                  2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Last edited by grandpaslincoln; 03-24-2008, 10:38 PM.
                    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Wow!!!

Please tell me you're going to either chrome or powdercoat that valvecover...
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Nope, it's gonna be old ford blue as well lol
                        Pebbles-1968 Ford F250

Comment

OH MY!!!!
                          2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Lookin good!

Comment

now thats gonna be sweet when ya get it done

Comment

I would recommend the cam as well, I was listening to some sixes on you tube and I have to say...Holy shit they sound bad ass.....There is NOTHING like a cammed out ford sixer!
                                YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Working...
                                X