X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupendous x2.

Comment

Thank You very much, kind mangs.

More Resto-Mod progress will be coming soon for this beast. It's tough trying to find time to work on my cars anymore, with working a regular job, and also having to do side projects at home after work, for my own bodyshop. I'm makin $$$$ though, so my own stuff will have to wait.

Comment

Perhaps there's a lesson to be learned here. You need to park your nicer vehicles/works of art where people can see and appreciate them.

Packman

Comment

Money is good, because you can put more of it into your own stuff, and make them just the way you want them!

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
            Perhaps there's a lesson to be learned here. You need to park your nicer vehicles/works of art where people can see and appreciate them.

Packman

Yes! Most car guys out there can appreciate a well built machine, even if they don't particularly like the model of vehicle.

This car will be nothing more than an expensive shop/lawn ornament for some time to come, so at least it will be serving a practical purpose, other than just giving me something to do in my free time. I do still enjoy restoring it, and bringing it back to life though, knowing thanks to my efforts the car will probably end up outliving me.

Comment

Body Update

Finally got around to the doing the Final Alignment of the entire Body. I wasn't 100% happy with the Drivers Side of the car, so I put in some more work on it. Turned out perfect, and I'm really happy with it now.

I also installed some manifolds on the engine, got the loudmouth lopo fired back up, and finally moved the beast out of the place it had been resting in for the past 6 months, while I restored it's "new" body parts and assembled/aligned the body. I gave it a much deserved wash, and evicted all the spiders that had made their homes all over the outside of the car and engine bay. Took some pics afterward.

This is the final alignment of the body, other than some minor tweaks that need to be done. I have decided to keep the Body mostly stock on this car, to retain it's Sleeper appeal, and the Classic and Classy look it already has. The only mods I will be doing to the body, will be Shaving the Antenna hole, and Installing '79 LTD Landau Fender Vents.

Enjoi the pics!

Comment

Looking good. Glad to see an update on it.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thanks Dave. I will have more resto-mod updates soon.

I'm really starting to like the car a lot better, now that its not giving me constant problems. I've never seen a 4dr box this straight bodied from the factory either, in person nor in pics. Most of them where pretty far off, to anyone who has the eye to see it.

Also about to Install these.

I'm waiting to paint them until sometime in the future, because they will be coming off again. Just installing them now mainly to get them out of the way, and on the car that they belong to.

Last edited by LTDMan83; 06-09-2009, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Engine Update:

I've now finally decided on what the final engine combo will be for this beast. To stay realistic, and in my budget range (since I am not rich) the engine is gonna have to be based off of a 351W block. It will be Carb'ed and Supercharged, and will be putting out around 500Hp/Tq at the wheels once I am done with it, if all my calculations have been correct, which they should be. I have a line on a good 351W block right now, if all pans out I should be picking that up next week.

On an interesting side note, I was watching Horsepower TV the other day, and the guys were Dyno'ing a 600HP Ford engine, on the engine dyno. The one younger guy actually made a remark about how cool it would be to get an old 80's LTD 4dr model, stuff that beast of a motor into it, and make it into a Sleeper.

Comment

Originally posted by LTDMan83 View Post
                      I've now finally decided on what the final engine combo will be for this beast. To stay realistic, and in my budget range (since I am not rich) the engine is gonna have to be based off of a 351W block. It will be Carb'ed and Supercharged, and will be putting out around 500Hp/Tq at the wheels once I am done with it, if all my calculations have been correct, which they should be. I have a line on a good 351W block right now, if all pans out I should be picking that up next week.

On an interesting side note, I was watching Horsepower TV the other day, and the guys were Dyno'ing a 600HP Ford engine, on the engine dyno. The one younger guy actually made a remark about how cool it would be to get an old 80's LTD 4dr model, stuff that beast of a motor into it, and make it into a Sleeper.
                      Awesome man. And when you are done with it, make sure you send an email too them. Maybe they can get you on the show?
                      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                        Awesome man. And when you are done with it, make sure you send an email too them. Maybe they can get you on the show?
                        Yes! Since those guys definitely have an interest in making old Granny cars into sleepers, they would actually appreciate the car. I definitely am gonna make it a point now to try and get on that show, once this beast is done, for the good of all Box Panthers! If the show is still on the air by then, that is. I think I'm gonna send them an e-mail shortly with a link to this thread, someone over there may be interested in following the build.

Comment

You, sir, have magic flowing from your fingers.

Envious doesn't even begin to describe...

sigpic
                          - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Horsepower TV? Is that a show or a cable channel?
                            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

that is a show presented by Spike network on cable television.
                              ~David~

Comment

I imagine you're gonna go with a centrifugal box'd carb setup. I can't imagine cutting up that hood for a roots or twin screw s/c.

Packman

Comment

Working...
                                X