No announcement yet.

LTDMan's '87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX (The Blue Beast) *DUW*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks great brandon I remember when you said you were trying to make it 100% original lol Hard to do when you want to modd it lol

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Mike man, you don't know Horsepower TV? I'm surprised. but yea, it's a cable channel(Spike, part of Powerblock) like 87gtvic said.

they have a real kool 460 buildup on their website, budget-build.

that car is shaping up nicely mang. I like your plans for the engine a lot!
      I still cant get over how reflective that bumper is
      sigpic
      1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

That supercharger idea is BA. I vote you have it either commin out the hood or under a nasty cowl scoop.
        -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
        -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Will you be using an F4 block, or roller-converting an old-style block?

The car looks good.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
          1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
          But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Thanks Guys.

Originally posted by MrMarquis View Post
            You, sir, have magic flowing from your fingers.

Envious doesn't even begin to describe...
            Thanks mang! I appreciate you saying that. It's nice to get a compliment every once in a while. Stay Tuned to my Merc's thread, it is about to get the same body alignment treatment, along with a slight restoration of its body parts, in a couple of months.

Originally posted by packman View Post
            I imagine you're gonna go with a centrifugal box'd carb setup. I can't imagine cutting up that hood for a roots or twin screw s/c.

Packman
            Yes, that is the plan. Gonna do everything in my power to avoid cutting up the hood.

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
            looks great brandon I remember when you said you were trying to make it 100% original lol Hard to do when you want to modd it lol
            Are you sure that was me, lol? Stock is a 4 letter word to me, and I can't keep anything stock for long. It's just in my nature to want to modify things, and improve on existing designs. I feel like Tim Taylor sometimes, lol.

Originally posted by Mr. Land Yacht View Post

that car is shaping up nicely mang. I like your plans for the engine a lot!
            I still cant get over how reflective that bumper is
            Thanks! Hard to believe that is a 30yr old Bumper from detroit, with Original Chrome. Someone had to have taken care of that Chrome in the past. I'm gonna fix it's exterior scratches sometime soon, and then take it to my shop were they can actually touch up the chrome. Will be cheaper than a Re-Chrome, hehe.

Originally posted by 87DeuceVic View Post
            That supercharger idea is BA. I vote you have it either commin out the hood or under a nasty cowl scoop.
            Even though I agree that it would look pretty Bad Ass coming out of the Hood, cutting the hood would kill the sleeper look I'm going for, and would of course be a dead give-away to anyone I'm about to race. I want the other person to think this is a dead stock, slug of a Grandpa Car, until they see it run. Even gonna build the exhaust system to make it run as quiet as possible. I'm planning on making some money at the track with this thing. :evil:

Originally posted by Nathan in MI View Post
            Will you be using an F4 block, or roller-converting an old-style block?

The car looks good.

Most likely converting an older style Block. Would be nice to find an F4 block, though.

Comment

Touch up chrome? How do you do that? Do you have a way to apply the plating solutions to just one spot or something?
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                Touch up chrome? How do you do that? Do you have a way to apply the plating solutions to just one spot or something?
                My shop has a Chrome FX machine, and they can touch up chrome, I've seen them do it before. I'm not sure of the exact process, because I'm always to busy fixing wrecked sheetmetal to go in there and watch them. Although it looks exactly like chrome, It is more of a Coating than a Plating. It won't be perfect, but with shops around here wanting around $1500 to re-chrome my rear bumper, I don't have much choice.

Comment

let me know what you find for a 351w roots blower, from my searches not many people make them. tons for the 302 or 351c though. Ill deffinately be watching this build with great interest.

Comment

Oh, I see, I've read about ChromeFX and watched a few videos about it. Neat stuff, you can give a chrome look to the whole car if you want like those nuts in Dubai.

How much does it cost (typical customer price) to "paint" a piece the size of a bumper?
                    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I believe it's usually around $3-400 to do a large bumper. I've actually seen them do an entire 80's Honda Civic Hatchback once, The guy paid around $3K.

I would just have them do my entire bumper, but the chrome is still really nice. I will probably have them do the entire top of the bumper, which is the worst place, and then have them just touch up that scratch on the face.

Comment

The LTD gives up parts to a more urgent project.

Well, to save time on my Merc DD project, (which is what I'm trying to really get done so I can put it into DD service, as my Taurus is getting really tired of being alive) it looks like I'm gonna be stealing the Smooth Rear Bumper and 1-Piece Front Door Glass from this car. In turn installing the Merc's old parts onto this car. I will eventually run into an old pre-87 Interceptor in the junkyard that has perfect Smooth Front and Rear Bumpers, and I will harvest them and the Front Glass, for this old beast. For now it's just a yard car, so it doesn't really matter. At least it's a running, mobile yard car though, lol.

Comment

Must be nice to have boxes in the j-yards down there...In my area, old Panthers don't sit around long before they get crushed
                          '79 Continental Town Car
                          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Yea it is, I usually never have a problem finding any box parts that I need. Most yards only keep them around for 6 months before crushing them, but there are so many boxes here in the south, that new ones are always coming in. We have a better selection of nice rust-free grandma owned boxes here, than anywhere else in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by LTDMan83 View Post
                              Yea it is, I usually never have a problem finding any box parts that I need. Most yards only keep them around for 6 months before crushing them, but there are so many boxes here in the south, that new ones are always coming in. We have a better selection of nice rust-free grandma owned boxes here, than anywhere else in the country.
                              You are making me sob uncontrollably. No yards anywhere near me.
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                                You are making me sob uncontrollably. No yards anywhere near me.
                                Sorry Bud.

You are welcome to come down and visit anytime though. I could take you around to all the good yards.

Comment

Working...
                                X