LTDMan's '87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX (The Blue Beast) *DUW*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by packman View Post
    You're doing one helluva job restoring that CV. Are you going to find a matching front bumper?

Packman

Thx packmang. I would like to find a 1980 LTD Vented front bumper, but I would settle for a nice condition Strippless front bumper from a 82-87 LTD CVPI.

Comment

Can't you still get '80 bumpers new on eBay?
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I don't recall seeing any myself, but if they aren't re-chromed OEM Ford Bumpers, then I wouldn't be interested. I am very weary of aftermarket parts, as most of them are from china, and will be quite a bit off from the original specs. If I was to find a re-chromed ford unit, I would be all over it.

Comment

damn dude... its looking like a new car already!!!

Glad you got those LTD taillights... I try to post any super deal I see (that I dont intend to bid on )

You wouldn't be interested in a very expensive set of NOS clear landau front lenses would you? :heyhey:
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
            damn dude... its looking like a new car already!!!

Glad you got those LTD taillights... I try to post any super deal I see (that I dont intend to bid on )

You wouldn't be interested in a very expensive set of NOS clear landau front lenses would you? :heyhey:

Thanks pete!, she's getting there, very slowly.

I actually like the Amber Lenses better than the Clears, just my preference. If you ever come across a set of NOS Amber's, then I will definitely buy them from you.

Comment

That car would be prefect with a slicktop, and no coach roof!
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Update

The endeavor to stop the leaks into the interior has become a pita of a job. There is pretty much no chance of completely stopping the leaks, until I get rid of the Vent Windows in the front doors. So, I am now having to switch gears again, and start in on swapping out my Front Doors from the other car, (which have the non-vent front windows).

In turn, this is gonna lead to a Hell of a lot of other Work and Resto, so I will be back sometime soon with a Massive body update.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday, I had the day off, so I went ahead and removed my nice Brown Interior from my beige parts car, and put it all into storage, so now it can stay nice and protected inside of the storage pod, until I'm ready to re-install it into my New Box.

Next up, comes pulling the entire Front End and Core Support off of this car, and starting any Resto work that needs to be done to the Firewall/Cowl, and the accessible engine bay frame areas. It has rust in the usual areas, like behind the Cowl Vent-under the Windshield, nothing major that I can see though.

It doesn't start to get cold here until around the end of December, so I still have a little bit of time to get stuff done, without freezing my balls off.
                Last edited by LTDMan83; 10-11-2008, 05:09 PM.

Comment

quick question are you going to install new window run channels and dew wipes (haha) you know the metal trim on the outside of the door next to the window with the rubber strip to wipe the dew off (lol). if so spread the wealth on where you are getting these items

-dave
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                    quick question are you going to install new window run channels and dew wipes (haha) you know the metal trim on the outside of the door next to the window with the rubber strip to wipe the dew off (lol). if so spread the wealth on where you are getting these items

-dave

The Dew Wipes on my Beige Doors are actually still in good shape, the car was garaged for most of its life, which is probibly the reason why.

I do need to find new Felt Window Run Channels, especially for the DS Front Door. The beige car was my DD for awhile, and I pretty much completely wore out the Felt in the DS window. So much that the window will rattle slightly inside the frame, and let in slight wind noise.

If I do find an NOS source for these, I will definitely let all you mangs know. Right now, I'm thinking that the Stealership is gonna be the best bet.

Comment

Originally posted by LTDMan83 View Post
                      The Dew Wipes on my Beige Doors are actually still in good shape, the car was garaged for most of its life, which is probibly the reason why.

I do need to find new Felt Window Run Channels, especially for the DS Front Door. The beige car was my DD for awhile, and I pretty much completely wore out the Felt in the DS window. So much that the window will rattle slightly inside the frame, and let in slight wind noise.

If I do find an NOS source for these, I will definitely let all you mangs know. Right now, I'm thinking that the Stealership is gonna be the best bet.

i recently asked the stealership for my 87 two door and they had nothing for me they said my car is too old. it made me sad. i don't need anything yet but i sure wouldn't mind having a new set for both doors. i hope someone still makes them. Good luck...
                      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

you gotta rebuild the dew wipes yourself.....they are made of unobtanium

keep up the good werk brandon!!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

i believe we can go this route. We would just have to transfer clips and staple this dew wipe back onto the metal trim. Anyone do this yet. I am contemplating this idea.

I believe style 39, 42 or 43 could be modified to work on our cars.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...t+weatherstrip

sorry if i am hijaking you thread
                          ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                            i believe we can go this route. We would just have to transfer clips and staple this dew wipe back onto the metal trim. Anyone do this yet. I am contemplating this idea.

I believe style 39, 42 or 43 could be modified to work on our cars.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...t+weatherstrip

sorry if i am hijaking you thread

No prob, I may have to check out one of those when the time comes.

Comment

It was nice outside today so, I took these pics. This will be the last look at her Original factory appearance.

Later this week, I will be starting to tear her front clip down, in preparation for performing the Resto on the Firewall/Cowl, as well as swapping on my mint Front Clip and Doors from my parts car. After this is complete, then I will essentially have the exact Factory Version of the Box I have always wanted, completely smooth bodied w/ 1-piece Front Glass. Stay Tuned.

Comment

Body Updates...

Lots of pics, but I'm trying to show the detail that I'm going into on this project.

Finished pulling off the front clip, and checking out what I've got to work with, and I must say, I am very happy that Ben sold me this car. She is solid as a Rock. I'm a happy mang right now.

The only rust problem areas, are on the Cowl under each side of the front windsheild next to the A-pillars. Only light surface rust, which I will be able to easily fix by sandblasting, and without having to remove the Windshield.

The Frame area that was under the Battery Tray only has light surface rust. This area is usually heavily rusted in most boxes, due to leaking batteries over the years.

Light surface rust on the underside of the PS floorpan, again easily fixed.

Nice and Solid Bulkheads, just how I like em. Only dust inside of these, I get the feeling the A/C was rarely used in the past on this car.

Missing a Bodyplug on the PS of the Firewall, this could be another possible leak point into the Interior. I installed another factory bodyplug into the hole.

Since I'm gonna be relocating the Power Antenna to the DS Rear Quarterpanel, I went ahead and deleted the PA Wiring/Grommet leading through the firewall, and installed a factory bodyplug.

The worst Bodymount on the entire car, under the DS floorpan. The rest of them look impressively good.

The core support to frame mounts still look good, with only light surface rust. Hellacious amounts of welding spatter on the PS frame rail, I will clean it all up with my Dremel though.

Now, I'm waiting for my Por15 Rust Elimination Kit I ordered yesterday to get here. Which consists of:

Marine Clean - Which Degreases and Preps the surface.

Metal-Ready - Which converts the remaining rust to Zinc Phosphate, and also Etches the bare metal to prepare it for the topcoat of Por15.

Por15 - Which is a Rust-Encapsulator, that seals the Metal/Converted Rust and ensures that the Rust can not return. Areas that are exposed to UV light must be topcoated though, I will be topcoating it with a Black Epoxy based Primer.

I have the doors on both cars fully disconnected from their electrical connections, and ready to be swapped. I also went through the pita task of removing the Illuminated Entry and premium sound Door Speaker wiring, from the blue doors, so that I could still retain those Options which came originally with the car, after I swap the doors. I'm currently waiting on my best friend to get off his ass, and come help me swap these doors, lol. After the beige doors are on, I will then officially have keys to the entire car, from decklid to ignition. Many thanks to Ben (Tiggie) for somehow finding a Trunk Key that worked in this cars original lock cylinder.

More progress to come soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X