My 1979 Lincoln Town Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

done playing in the trunk

Finished painting the trunk floor last week. Re-installed the carpet on the weekend. I need to put some fresh dryer sheets in there.
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Bought one quart of paint. I want to get the deck lid painted within the next few weeks. Work will be done by the same shop that did some rust repair on my CV.
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

angle-grinder FTW!

I borrowed my step-bro's angle-grinder. Removed a lot of rust scale from the trunk floor (under car) then applied some rust converter. Will paint it black or just spray black undercoating.
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Rust converted trunk floor has been primed. Will paint it black later this week if I get a chance. Also did some undercoating along the quarter panels.
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
            Body: New paint for the roof and trunk.
            Deck lid will get painted before storage.
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Deck lid will get painted before storage.
              Dropped at the body shop today. In addition to paint, there's three small holes inside under the chrome strip that will be fixed.
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

good and bad news...

Deck lid has been painted.

Couldn't turn off with ignition when I went to get gas...Still ran after removing a battery cable, so had to pull the plug out of the coil!

Inspection is also due, so I dropped the car off at a shop I've dealt with before and trust. Called them this morning to provide details.
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Passed inspection and got an oil-change. There were no ignition issues to be found...Ignition switch or relay must've acted up because of the cold snap the night I dropped it off there. Time for storage!
                  '79 Continental Town Car
                  '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                  '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Now in storage.
                    '79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Pics?

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                        Pics?
                        I have recent pics on my Facebook profile.
                        '79 Continental Town Car
                        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

compliment

A guy driving a Toyota said "awesome car" as he pulled up next to me in traffic. A barge Lincoln is always an attention-getter. I drive mine a few times each week. Wish there were more on the roads...
                          '79 Continental Town Car
                          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Nice!

I never see barge anything around here anymore. It's sad.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

A guy driving a Toyota said "awesome car" as he pulled up next to me in traffic. A barge Lincoln is always an attention-getter. I drive mine a few times each week. Wish there were more on the roads...
                              Barge Lincolns are one of those cars that everyone loves to see and compliment, but no one wants to own (except us select few).

Originally posted by slack View Post
                              Nice! I never see barge anything around here anymore. It's sad.
                              They're seldom seen in these parts either. The odd one shows up at a car show or for sale by geriatrics that have hung up their license(s).
                              RyPow
                              1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX sedan - The "Sand Box" - 73K, towing package
                              1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX Tutone Tudor - '96 Explorer 5.0 + 5spd swap in the works
                              1985 Lincoln Town Car Cartier - previously owned by "navguy12" from thelincolnforum.net
                              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited, 102k, daily driver
                              2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, 115k, winter beats
                              1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car, 42k
                              2012 F-150 5.0L 4x4, HD payload pkg (towing/hauling)
                              2015 Toyota RAV4 XLE AWD (better half's)

Comment

Chrysler 300 was tailing me...

The driver of the 300 started flashing their brights at me. My first though was that something was wrong with my TC, so I pulled into a parking lot and they pulled up next to me. It was a couple of women (mother and daughter I'm assuming) that wanted to know more about my TC. The older woman said that she had owned a barge before that was the same color combo as mine. She still regrets selling it...
                                '79 Continental Town Car
                                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                                X