No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30+ years here too. the limitations are more queer than a 3 dollar bill. like cant drive car to work. shit, my car is stored at work lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Not sure what the restrictions are here as I haven't gone that far into it. Probably something like, "You can only take a picture of the car and look at that but NO driving"!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

again... love Texas. Classic plates allow for driving... and the enforcement is very low anyhow, even for antique plates which have all the assassin rules.

and 25 years for all here.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
          Thanks!

I don't know if it is top of the line but the kit purchased included two clay bars with a plastic container to store them, detailing spray/lube to use the clay with, a supreme shine microfiber towel, as well as ultimate spray wax. After I do the clay bar treatment the car will be compounded by hand, polished by hand then waxed by hand. Should have it looking tip top shape for the summer.
          This is a great idea except that I am far too lazy for clay baring. Waxing is as far as she ever makes it though I really should get her detailed this summer.
          2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

​

Comment

Clay bar is easy. No force needed at all. Just lube the surface and clay and gently glide the clay over one area at a time. Will make the paint so smooth waxing will become a hundred times easier.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
              again... love Texas. Classic plates allow for driving... and the enforcement is very low anyhow, even for antique plates which have all the assassin rules.

and 25 years for all here.
              Interesting. Do Texas "Classic" plates fall under the emissions exemption I recall being allowed under the 1990 revision of the Federal Clean Air Act?
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                Clay bar is easy. No force needed at all. Just lube the surface and clay and gently glide the clay over one area at a time. Will make the paint so smooth waxing will become a hundred times easier.
                Hmm... I may have to give it a try then.
                2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

​

Comment

I've never done clay bar. If I thought the surface needed it I would use some Mother's "Pre-Wax Cleaner" and then my final wax. It probably is the same amount of work and the end result is probably similar. For my spring details maybe I'll try the clay on the Fiance's car.
                  2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                  2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                  Past Panthers
                  1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                  if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Clay bars pick up contaminants from the paint surface. I was surprised after I clayed the S-10 how little contaminants were on the paint. But there was some tar-like stuff stuck to the clay. Sorry to threadjack ya 87gtVic.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                      Interesting. Do Texas "Classic" plates fall under the emissions exemption I recall being allowed under the 1990 revision of the Federal Clean Air Act?
                      since only cars that are 25+ years old can get them, I'm not sure. I do know that regardless of the plates you put on the car, vehicles 25+ are safety only inspected. I guess they figure that the older cars are so few in numbers that they don't make an appreciable impact and get a free pass on emissions as long as they aren't smoking out the exhaust.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                        Clay bars pick up contaminants from the paint surface. I was surprised after I clayed the S-10 how little contaminants were on the paint. But there was some tar-like stuff stuck to the clay. Sorry to threadjack ya 87gtVic.

Packman

No Problem. I enjoy the detailing talk. The other stuff I could do without.
                        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

david, what rubbing compound do you use?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I've never seen such devotion to a car for a long long time! This is an amazing story - I love it. So much enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail and staying power in everything.
                            I honestly think we would get on very well!!
                            Best of luck with car - it looks superb. The attention it would get on this side of the pond would be fantastic, although nobody would know what it was!! Except me.
                            Keep us up to date and thanks for the photos.

Andy.
                            www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                              david, what rubbing compound do you use?
                              I just go over the car with Meguiars Ultimate Compound.

Originally posted by andyfanshawe View Post
                              I've never seen such devotion to a car for a long long time! This is an amazing story - I love it. So much enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail and staying power in everything.
                              I honestly think we would get on very well!!
                              Best of luck with car - it looks superb. The attention it would get on this side of the pond would be fantastic, although nobody would know what it was!! Except me.
                              Keep us up to date and thanks for the photos.

Andy.
                              Thanks Andy

This means a lot coming from someone as devoted as you are to your wagon.

OH In other news...the fog lamp switch bezel was painted yesterday morning and I had the passengers side wire loom holder shortened today.
                              ~David~

Comment

Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Wax FTMFW!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X