No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoa wait!!!!! New weatherstripping for the doors? Who'd you kill for that?

Okay. I found the page where the "mystery" weatherstrip came from. I guess the hunt for a legit replacement is still on.

Packman
    Last edited by packman; 09-21-2009, 10:14 PM.

Comment

My feet don't hit the speaker pods in the 91... they look great!
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC
        I also got around to installing the 60+ feet of door weatherstripping material i swiped a couple weeks ago from my work site. I have no idea where it is from, but the only thing i do know is that i got a 60+foot bundle
        So, your weatherstripping is...stolen? As in, stolen out of a dumpster, or, "Gee, guess that guy shouldn't have left his truck unlocked!"?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
        1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
        But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MI View Post
          So, your weatherstripping is...stolen? As in, stolen out of a dumpster, or, "Gee, guess that guy shouldn't have left his truck unlocked!"?
          I found it outside of a trailer, lying on the ground. For three days i watched it be kicked and tripped over. On the forth day it was rescued.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

....and on the 5th day, somebody said "where the hell is my weatherstripping?!"

Comment

lol. I spoke with the people, they never once noticed it was missing.
              ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Painted Rear Deck Town Car Speaker Covers

Anyone know what these beautiful pieces will be used for?

Give ya a hint....it has something in common with my last painted project.
                ~David~

Comment

some speaker covers?

Comment

Painted Rear Deck Town Car Speaker Covers Installed

Originally posted by RustyRodder View Post
                    some speaker covers?
                    Correct! In fact they are rear deck speaker covers.

I snagged them from a 90something Town Car at Harrys during Scottfest. They were originally black. I painted them the same way I painted the door speaker covers and it came out amazing! I was a bit worried that it may not come out that good with all of those holes, but it really couldn't have turned out any better. Duplicolor FTMFW!

Here is the holes cut out to let the music blast in!

D.side:

P.side:

Here are the templates I used to drill the 8 holes as well as to cut out the stuff that was in my way:

And here are some pics of the covers installed

D.side:

P.side:

And some outside shots:

I know that it is hardly noticeable but it looks really nice in there when you notice it. And my favorite part is that it looks factory installed.
                    ~David~

Comment

dude those look awesome! Ill have to remember that.
                      Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                      New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

VERY nice Dave, looks really stock... hmm a 90's TC you say...I may have to check that out
                        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Thanks guys. And yea 90's Town Car. I just saw it laying on the rear deck already removed and said "why not?"
                          ~David~

Comment

nice work mang!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

nice, i need to get myself a sound system, my speakers are terrible.

Comment

Thanks guys!

And while the rain stopped pouring down I ran outside and checked out how my weatherstripping is working out. I have absolutely no leaks! I am extremely satisfied that everything seals tight to the door and not even the corners are letting any water in, and the rain was really coming down today.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X