No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta say that would annoy me too. From the angle you sit, can you see all you need in the tach now? How bad is it blocking the fuel gauge from your view?

sigpic
    - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

The last picture is the exact view I have from the drivers seat. It just allows me to see everything I need to see.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Bumper Filler Prep.

Feathered out all of the chips in the paint and metal on the front two metal bumper fillers. Then I blocked the entire piece with 220. It will then get two coats of epoxy primer then be blocked wet with 400-600 grit, then painted etc....

Depending on the weather I will sand all of the plastic bumper filler pieces tomorrow.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Keep it up mang!! that dash looks Great!

Brown Blob ftw!
          sigpic
          67 Ltd tudor
          67 Ltd 4door
          85 Ltd 4door

Comment

Body Work Week Eight

Thanks Leo!

Today I went to the body shop and wet sanded the roof with 400 grit sand paper and painted it a generic spur of the moment brown color. First time I ever wet sanded a car and it turned out really nice! Working with a guide coat really make things easy to do. The primer looked like glass with only the 400 grit. The paint guy mixed up black with red and some metallic and threw it on the roof after I was done sanding. Hopefully this week I will get the vinyl top on! Guy is having trouble getting the old 1980's vinyl into the new century lol We will see what happens. Progress nonetheless....

~David~

Comment

getting close mang! Looks good.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Looks great!!! You're gonna have the top put on first and then painted right?

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                  Looks great!!! You're gonna have the top put on first and then painted right?
                  minus 100 keen observer points for you!

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  top then paint. Top place will just say too bad if they fudge something up. I am having things done in that order because of that possibility. Actually I am having the transition areas ( and entire roof under vinyl) painted a generic brown just so there will be good paint under the vinyl. Rest of the car will still be in primer just in case of accidents.
                  Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                  'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                  sigpic
                  85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
                    minus 100 keen observer points for you!
                    my internet took me to this page when I clicked on this thread. Sorry.

Comment

suuuure... blame it on the internet! :p
                      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                      sigpic
                      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Paint Color

John please stop failing up my thread.

Just got back from a Mini dealer and I think I am going with a color called Hot Chocolate Metallic found on some Mini Coopers etc. Gonna look like this:

~David~

Comment

That would be nice. I liked the shade of brown on your car before the primer. It just needed some metal flake. I want something that looks like A&W rootbeer with metal flake for Putter Project.

Packman

Comment

I like it.
                            1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
                            2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
                            sigpic

Comment

That is going to look sexy! getting so close. Looking forword to seeing the finished product!

1980 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Signature Series
                              351 4 bbl, AOD, 3.08 open
                              duel exhaust with cherry bombs

Comment

Great colour. You'll be able to have lots of fun getting people to guess what car the colour is from.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                                160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                                waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Working...
                                X