X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice!
    you can join the "my vic two door is the color of a mini cooper" club
    toms vic is painted in mini cooper artic white

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Mini does have really cool colors.
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Good choice Dave, that color will really pop in the sunlight.
        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

your such a tease

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Last week I sanded down all of the plastic bumper trims (waiting for the special primer for them) and tomorrow I will began blocking out the car's primer wet with 400 grit sand paper. I plan to at least get the roof, door window frames, hood and trunk lid done leaving me with just the header panel and the entire sides of the car to block out. I foresee a huge mess and very white dry hands in my future. But I'll tell ya wet sanding the primer sure makes the car smooth as a babies bottom.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I'm stoked to see this thing. When is P-day?
              sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                I'm stoked to see this thing. When is P-day?
                Its right after O-day.
                1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
                2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
                sigpic

Comment

No idea. I expect it to be a while though
                  ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

This morning at 6:30 i went out and began wet sanding the car. The hood, roof, trunk, and door window frames are now super smooth (as smooth as 400 grit can smooth things) and is ready for paint! But still have to block out the rest of the car. My hands are super dry my feet are wet and my jaw hurts for some strange reason, but the car looks nice and smooth, feels nice and smooth and is nice and clean after I washed it. Now to eat something and relax.
                    ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                      This morning at 6:30 i went out and began wet sanding the car. The hood, roof, trunk, and door window frames are now super smooth (as smooth as 400 grit can smooth things) and is ready for paint! But still have to block out the rest of the car. My hands are super dry my feet are wet and my jaw hurts for some strange reason, but the car looks nice and smooth, feels nice and smooth and is nice and clean after I washed it. Now to eat something and relax.
                      Awesome, I did that to my car too. Took me a solid week between work and school and makes an awful mess, but it is all worth it.
                      "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                      1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                        ... and my jaw hurts for some strange reason...
                        You might be clenching your teeth - its easy to do subconsciously while doing strenuous/tedious things... I usually stick my tounge out a little so i don't
                        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                        sigpic
                        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Hehe that is very close..since you brought it up I will let it be known that it is because I stick my lower jaw out while doing strenuous tasks. I am a freak! Wait till people see me with my tongue out!

I see I have a couple spots I missed but no biggie......Well some pics

Trunk:

Roof:

Hood:

And just a shot of the paint that will be covered up when a top is put back on:

~David~

Comment

Nice, this car is going to put mine to shame.
                            "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                            1985 GMC 1500

Comment

I have a question, how did you determine the fuse for each of the wires? I'm asking because there's not a real number conversion from fuseable links to maxi fuses (that I know of). I plan on doing this on my car. Since I'm tired of the fuseable links, and my starter solenoid is so cluttered. I would appreciate your help. /Thread Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                                I have a question, how did you determine the fuse for each of the wires? I'm asking because there's not a real number conversion from fuseable links to maxi fuses (that I know of). I plan on doing this on my car. Since I'm tired of the fuseable links, and my starter solenoid is so cluttered. I would appreciate your help. /Thread Jack.
                                From the post you just quoted:

With the diagram in my possession I was then able to figure out what wires should be protected by what fuses. I used the fusible link rule to help me in this manner. The fusible link rule states that if you are using a 14 gauge wire then a 18 gauge fuse link is to be used. Simply put “use a fuse link four gauges smaller.” Knowing this allowed me to determine the wire gauge of all the circuits and from that I was able to figure out how much max amperage a particular wire gauge can handle, and I chose the correct fuse from there.
                                I think i looked up conversion charts once i found out the actual gauges of the wires. The conversion charts told me how much amps a particular gauge can handle so I fused accordingly.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X