No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the color. Gonna look awesome when it's all back together.....everyones getting their car painted but me
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
      ooooohh momma! that things gonna look sweet!

just curious, why didn't you remove the tail lights?
      i was wondering this too. but, it does look like a decent tape/mask job

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Weird part was I had the 1/4 extension loose anyway to get paint in the seams. Just a matter of removing the extension fully to remove the tail light. what ev's.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

wow...a chill went down my spine as i viewed those last two pictures! hows it feel to finally have paint on the car after all this work????
          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
            wow...a chill went down my spine as i viewed those last two pictures! hows it feel to finally have paint on the car after all this work????

Feels okay...as I still have more work ahead of me. Everything has to be installed..many new and old things, lowering springs and shocks, sexy parts all around. The work has only just begun.
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

That's a sharp lookin' car David. I just don't know why you'd wanna go through all that work and sell the car. There's no way you're gonna get any decent return in the investment you've put into her.

But one thing's for sure, that's gonna be one helluva car when it's put together.

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
              I love the color. Gonna look awesome when it's all back together.....everyones getting their car painted but me
              Mine needs paint bad...won't happen anytime soon. You're not alone.

sigpic
              - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Looks Gorgeous man... I'm in the same boat as well Wish I could get mine painted and a New Vinyl top

Comment

don't we all !!!!!!!!
                  Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                  'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                  sigpic
                  85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Thanks everyone. This has been two years overdue. It is nice to finally have it painted. Going back to the shop later today to get her. Going to just throw the bumpers back on as well as secure the 1/4 panel extensions and put on the headlight bezels and drive home and let her bake in the sun till Sunday.
                    ~David~

Comment

Looks good. I hope you labelled all your fastners and such, otherwise it becomes a case of "where the hell does this go, and what holds it there?" I went through that on mine. Stuff was labelled, but some things got mixed up, some fastners broke, and then there was the other stuff that I pulled and just tossed the clips or screws into a box because "i know where this goes". I still have boxes of excess screws, nuts, bolts, etc and there are a few things I was short on.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks!

The only things that were labeled were the fasteners for things bumper related. I stripped this car down February 2009 expecting the car to be painted asap...well you see how that turned out so I will be playing the "does this fit here" game as I too figured I knew where everything went.

I am pretty good about body moldings...just some funky screws for trim and stuff has me worried loke the screws for the ditch light bezels, top corner fender trims as well as hood trim.

I think your car was much more involved though regarding the trim and fastener aspect. I am actually a bit worried about reinstalling the door panels once I install the new window channel weatherstripping and window motors as I had the door panels off the car since mid '09 and there are a lot of screws.
                        Last edited by 87gtVIC; 10-22-2010, 12:43 AM.
                        ~David~

Comment

Looks good mang!

With the taillights, the proper way to do it would have been to remove the lenses from them (brake/reverse/side marker), paint the inside edges of the 1/4 extensions, and then re-install the 1/4 extensions onto the car for paint. Then you would have only had to mask the small holes left behind in the 1/4 extension from the lenses, and would have had a slightly cleaner result.

Lmao at the tag "i'm calling la migra". You should see some of the body shops around here, lol. INS would have a field day.

Comment

Very nice!
                            2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                            Past Panthers
                            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                            if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Thanks everyone. The car is home now and looks HOT in the sun. Friday I will be going to have it wetsanded, as well as the Friday after that. Today I will install the bumper filler pieces as those came out great, no apparent sags in the paint or clear, so I feel safe installing them.

One a side note...My radio stopped working. I had a speaker removed and I moved the speaker wire for it and then the radio fuse smoked. I pulled the radio out and replaced the fuse..same effin deal. Popping every time. I said fuck it. Gonna worry about the car first then the tunes. Still pissed me the fuck off.
                              ~David~

Comment

looks brandy new!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                                X