My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Nate

My dad made me some turn downs today. He sand blasted them so the will have to be painted in something otherwise they will go to hell fast. These will just be tacked on the mufflers. Maybe even these will change the sound a bit. I also wonder if tailpipes will make the exhaust sound more powerful or not?

Anyways...
    I am still waiting for my tranny cooler as well as drop springs and shocks. I also hunted down a 1991 PI tranny cooler tranny line adapter out of the radiator! Very cool to not have to hack up the factory lines too much. I am happy to have the correct piece (the actual pipe and the thread in fitting into the radiator) to make a seal with the tranny cooler pipe. I will try to get that stuff all installed before years end. Gonna be tough though as I want to paint the tranny cooler bits and the weather is quite cold lately.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
      I also wonder if tailpipes will make the exhaust sound more powerful or not?
      Tailpipes will definitely quiet it down, but the big tips will give it some sound back.
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Oh. I guess these bad boys still have to be broken in then. They were on some guys mustang for 3 months..car wasn't a daily driver so they may still be like new?

I am looking forward to tailpipes even if they will quiet the mufflers down because I have those great looking tips to install. I am just terrified of bringing the car to shops as nobody cares anymore. I guess it is my own fault for putting so much into the car..I am scared for it. I got my first rock chip today. Poor car I can only imagine the exhaust shop goon swinging a door open smashing it against something.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

yeah shops suck... what is your dad using to bend the pipes with???
          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

His hands. He did it all right before my eyes. He did use his teeth a little but his hands did most of the work. Really impressed me.

I actually have no idea. He just made this up at work for me. Something hydraulic I am sure as the police department wouldn't make the workers do shit like this by hand.
            ~David~

Comment

For what its worth it took several months for my magnaflows to sound broken in. And yes it did make a big difference in the tone.
              1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
              2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pesty351 View Post
                For what its worth it took several months for my magnaflows to sound broken in. And yes it did make a big difference in the tone.
                +1

throatier.
                sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

broke in pretty quick on my 93 vic... of course a 1000 mile round trip will help with that.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yay. I just found a NOS two door drivers side window switch on ebay. Good to have just in case.

Also contemplating purchasing impala tail pipes from summit.....
                    ~David~

Comment

dont you need tailpipes for inspection mang?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

tailpipes FTW....
                        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                          dont you need tailpipes for inspection mang?
                          My father does my inspection at his friends shop. So I wouldnt need them But I do believe they are necessary equipment on a motor vehicle

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                          tailpipes FTW....
                          Maybe. I am in this constant spending money stage....I keep saying to myself "STOP" but I just can't. I think I may purchase the tails and some band clamps and pipe and store them till next year. The $20 coupon is taunting me.
                          ~David~

Comment

no need for tailpipes for inspection in ny, just need exhuast and technically cats.
                            89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Wow I just looked up some prices and ROCKAUTO is by far cheaper. Summit charges a lot of bucks a pipe to just ship it...rock auto does not. I can get the pipes and clamps from RA and the summit 2.5 4ft pipe (needed to extend the tails to the bumper) from summit for 20 bucks cheaper than purchasing everything from summit alone even after my coupon.

This gives me more incentive.
                              ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by zoomie View Post
                                no need for tailpipes for inspection in ny, just need exhuast and technically cats.
                                Yeah, and I remember choking in the back seat without them. No thanks. I'd like a full exhaust, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X