No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I am going to hold off for now purchasing anything because I have no coupon pressuring me into purchasing anything from rock auto.

On a side note I do get a lot of looks from people on the road as well as people walking. Puts a nice smile on my face that people notice the car now.

Painted the custom turn downs my dad made today. Just used some engine paint..should be okay as I measured the mufflers temperature at first around 200 degrees...so the 500 degree paint may be okay.

Also got confirmation that my transmission cooler, police tranny line turn around adapter, drop springs and shocks are shipped and on their way. Very exciting.

Going back to the body shop Friday again for another go of polishing and buffing...hopefully the end is in sight so I may begin reassembling the car.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

In a lot of states, you don't neccesarily need tailpipes, but the exhaust must exit outside the body of the vehicle, either by a tailpipe, a turnout, something. Varies place to place of course but here in NJ technicall my exhaust isn't legal anymore. I have tails, but they end just behind the rear axle. They don't actually clear the body of the car. State inspection passed it though, so I'm not so concerned.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The car is finished. At least the buffing and polishing part. Looks damn nice. Like an absolute mirror.

Tomorrow pending weather I will begin by pulling the mirror, dew wipe and vent window...pop on the window trim, put in my new window motors, install the new vent shades I have install the NOS and new window channel weatherstripping, reinstall the vent window reinstall dew wipe, install new door speakers, install my NOS electric mirrors and finally get that freaking door panel back on. It has literally been off for over a year and a half. Then I will probably put the trim that runs above the door on the body as well as the windshield trim, hood trim and fender trim....so many pieces to install. Then lots of clips to hammer on. Oh joy. Now I feel like Thain drilling into freshly painted car.
        Last edited by 87gtVIC; 11-12-2010, 06:52 PM.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

No pictures?
          1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
          2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
          sigpic

Comment

I know...I suck the big one. I got home at 5:30pm and it was already dark. I didnt bother to bring the camera to the shop because I work there helping out while my car is being worked on.

Today I helped with pulling out a dent in the rear wheel arch on a 2008 Honda Accord as well as installing a door skin on a 67 Mustang.

I also do not know if I mentioned it or not but I am going to paint the insert of the 79 specific license plate bucket body color next summer.
            ~David~

Comment

Much progress

No pictures yet...but I must warn you that you have never seen anything like what you will see tomorrow. It is by far the most awesomest looking car I have ever laid eyes on..and to top it off I built this baby!

Installed the blacked out ditch light bezels, top fender bright trim, power antenna bezel, all trim clips, all bright wheel well moldings, all custom bright/black granny cladding (Grand Marquis look a like), bright rocker moldings, NOS hood ornament, new door speakers, NOS and new window channel weatherstripping, new window motors, NOS power mirrors, bright trim above door on body, bright trim around window, new ventshade rain guards, vapor barriers and .....door panels! (a note on door panels.....very very funny seeing my car with door panels..looks like a luxury car. lol. Oh and with the new window channel weatherstripping the door feels as solid as a rock. Nice solid thump when closing it. Put an instant smile on my face. The car is fucking gorgeous looking. I had to step back after each item was placed upon it to just take it all in. I was outside in some fucking nice weather from 7:30 to 5:00 just continuously installing pieces back on the car that have been off since February 2009.

Tomorrow I will install the windshield bright trim, the hood bright trim, new bright/black rubber mud flaps, blacked out headlight bezels, transmission cooler as well as my 1981 and older blacked out grille.

Stay tuned....
              ~David~

Comment

want a Canadian speedometer to add to the collection?

I can't wait to see pics tomorrow!
                sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

No..No more collections. I want space to walk around in my room. Installing all this trim today helped a bit!
                  ~David~

Comment

lies!!!!
                    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                      No..No more collections. I want space to walk around in my room. Installing all this trim today helped a bit!
                      Just wait till you have a basement to fill!!!
                      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                      sigpic
                      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I actually have many things stashed in my parents basement. NOS door, and lots of paint and body work supplies. Also residing down there were my door panels for a while. The had a special place on a wall. two screws per door panel. Screws into the wall and rest the door panel on them. Thank god they are on the car now as my parents were getting angrier and angrier about them.

Regarding the tranny cooler..I wanted to paint it but I think it would diminish its cooling abilities I I were to do so. So only the factory line will get painted in aluminum.
                        ~David~

Comment

The Brown Blob

No description necessary...

~David~

Comment

very nice work mang! even looks better than my car. only thing, id like to see the rear lowered a bit...

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

That's one sexy brown mirror!!!!!

But you didn't take enough pictures
                              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                              sigpic
                              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

FAN FUCKING TASTIC!!!! Looks great.

Comment

Working...
                                X