No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If a car looks good, then a car looks good. I don't see any point in women posing in front of a cars. They themselves know it is not about the car and more about showing themselves off. If it were about the car...then it would just be a photo of the car. Women are used as a crutch to gain male attention within magazines and such. I think what it comes down to is 'cool points' with dopey friends...you know..."hey man, check it out...I got this hot chick to pose with my car Uh huh huh huh...." I just disagree with the entire reasoning behind using women for such a thing.

Also...I am not an owner of a Lamborghini LPdickenhancer670-douchebag-4 SV that has a million dollar+ salary. I am a 21 year old guy who put over 11grand into his '87 Crown Victoria with his bare hands. When you invest as much as I have physically, emotionally, mentally and monetarily into something you do not want a ditsy broad taking attention away from what you have created.
    Last edited by 87gtVIC; 12-26-2010, 07:22 AM.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
      If a car looks good, then a car looks good. I don't see any point in women posing in front of a cars. They themselves know it is not about the car and more about showing themselves off. If it were about the car...then it would just be a photo of the car. Women are used as a crutch to gain male attention within magazines and such. I think what it comes down to is 'cool points' with dopey friends...you know..."hey man, check it out...I got this hot chick to pose with my car Uh huh huh huh...." I just disagree with the entire reasoning behind using women for such a thing.

Also...I am not an owner of a Lamborghini LPdickenhancer670-douchebag-4 SV that has a million dollar+ salary. I am a 21 year old guy who put over 11grand into his '87 Crown Victoria with his bare hands. When you invest as much as I have physically, emotionally, mentally and monetarily into something you do not want a ditsy broad taking attention away from what you have created.
      Yea I hear what your saying and I understand that you dont want distractions from what you feel is the focus of a picture. I see it more as an "enhancer" for the car. If people are really into cars than they should appreciate both the car and the woman. In the end its a matter of personal opinion...and as far as pretty girls on magazines, sex sells lol
      -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
      -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

It's not so much a matter of if the girl is thinking about being careful, it's that a lot of people don't realize that, for instance, even a light person can dent/warp a hood by sitting on it, or that rubbing up against a dirty car will leave swirl marks.

I had a girl lean against the fiberglass header panel because she "didn't want to scratch the chrome" of my worn out bumper. Uhh....

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by 87DeuceVic View Post
          Wow.....idk mang I personally wouldnt give a shit if I had a Lamborghini LP670-4 SV, if a beautiful girl wanted to pose on it I would say "hells yes" as long as she was careful. I love me some ladies, haha matter'a fact once I get my 87 done up a bit I am plannin on gettin a girl or two to do a shoot with it, and I have a couple in mind :smirk:
          :banana:

Comment

Keep your bananas in your pants guys. unless you want to show my car some love
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
              so your saying he can only get "heavy" girls to pose for his car? your mean! lol
              Fat chicks need love too!

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                Fat chicks need love too!
                x2

haha
                1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
                1994 MGM GS Montigua
                2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
                2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

yea, your right. but, they need a different kind of "lovin" the kind, i dont think i can deliver. so you guys keep "lovin" your heavy girls lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                  1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                  1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                  2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                  2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by rick99601 View Post
                    x2

haha
                    x3

Fat chicks are like a moped: fun to ride as long as nobody sees you. :banana:

Comment

:slug:
                      Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                      New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

My mom got a frame for my poster so all I have to do now is make room in my room for it...which will be tough since I have a lot of crap packed in here. Right now I have it leaning on top of the television. I am happy. Can't wait till spring to swap the wheels to the bullitts and make another poster!

~David~

Comment

Did you make that poster on shutterfly? I saw little hard-back picture books someone had done from them, they were really nice, and not too expensive either.
                          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                          sigpic
                          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I did it on http://www.walgreens.com/
                            ~David~

Comment

Some pics after a wash.

VIDEO

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Still want to repaint the license plate bucket, get a drivers side kick panel so I can install a dead pedal, replace the oil pressure sender, maybe tail pipes, ford racing plug wires, 303 the engine bay, big brakes up front as well as many many other things...all in good time. Enjoy.
                              ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                                Still want to repaint the license plate bucket, get a drivers side kick panel so I can install a dead pedal, replace the oil pressure sender, maybe tail pipes, ford racing plug wires, 303 the engine bay, big brakes up front as well as many many other things...all in good time. Enjoy.
                                Sounds like a lot of work for someone selling their car. Car looks good after a bath. I am so glad down here in NJ we had rain this weekend to wash all the salt away.
                                2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                                2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                                Past Panthers
                                1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                                if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Working...
                                X