No announcement yet.

My '90 LTD Crown Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found someone to do bodywork for me, hopefully at a price I can afford. Bye buy rust!!!!

Still waiting on my injectors and ecu, then I gotta buy front of engine stuff before the swap
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

found out what he wanted for the turbines...200 bucks. 100 now and 100 when he gets me the center caps.

funk. that.
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
        found out what he wanted for the turbines...200 bucks. 100 now and 100 when he gets me the center caps.

funk. that.
        It's amazing how these idiots think they're worth hundreds of dollars. "They're aluminum, aluminum's expensive, do you know how much I could get outta these in scrap?"

Yeah, $50.
        Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
          It's amazing how these idiots think they're worth hundreds of dollars. "They're aluminum, aluminum's expensive, do you know how much I could get outta these in scrap?"

Yeah, $50.

a hundred bucks was my limit for them. it works out that he wanted too much because i just found a rear sway bar....and possibly some other goodies like a bored EGR spacer
          sigpic

Comment

yep! just bought:

rear sway bar
            lopo EGR spacer bored to 63mm
            HO throttle body with lopo linkage

merc91 rocks! they're even painted already.
            sigpic

Comment

I just got a compliment on my exhaust sound from someone that was next to me in traffic last week. Makes me feel like I didn't waste my money afterall
              sigpic

Comment

It's nice aint it I get a few 'thumbs ups' and smiley nods, but mostly confused looks, lol
                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                sigpic
                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

why confused looks?
                  Looking forward to doing my engine upgrade and exhaust in the next few months, as I can afford it. What was your budget 1990LTD?

Heh: I went to art school. Aluminum ingots, pure from the foundry and precisely alloyed, sell for $1.50 a pound. Unknown alloy at the salvage yard? I don't know-- $.30/lb ought to be ballpark. That is to say: you know exactly what an aluminum can is made out of. But wheels are going to be at the manufacturer's discretion and probably need to be purified by some means, or at least assayed. When I worked at a machine shop we got one price for all our 6061 alloy, our stock in trade, and then a rather lower price for the random mixed stuff.

Comment

Budget for the exhaust or for the engine stuff?

exhaust:

magnaflow stainless mufflers - 160 for the pair, shipped. got a good deal...i think it's the 14" case ones. 2.25 ins and outs.
                    labor and parts including removal of entire exhaust system from the manifolds back (i had my catalytic converters torn out) and installation of new 2.25" pipes with a crossover - 420
                    mustang shorty headers - 40 bucks - i dont have these installed yet

engine....i'm not done spending money yet prices for shipping really mess things up. those headers i got for 40 bucks from lincolnmania, cost me 50 to get over the fuckin border
                    sigpic

Comment

50 more at the border?!??! wtf!!!
                      How much did my package cost?
                      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                      sigpic
                      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

yeah sometimes you get hit with customs and sometimes you dont. it's really arbitrary.
                        sigpic

Comment

also, I think I might do the HO swap in stages. When the modded EGR spacer and throttle body come in, I am going to install those and get my valve cover gaskets and PCV parts changed while it's all apart. Going to hold off on pulling the lower intake/front of motor stuff until I amass enough replacement parts (water pump timing set etc)

getting laid off really puts a damper on these things!
                          sigpic

Comment

bought moog cc819 variable rate cargo springs for the rear of the car. these with the kyb cop shocks should make it ride pretty nicely.
                            sigpic

Comment

updateish, not that anyone gives a shit:

- installed front KYB gr2 shocks for a 97 police interceptor. they're firmer than i'm used to for one of these cars BUT it doesn't look like i've got hydraulics anymore after i go over a bump. i quite like them. the top stud on one of the stockers snapped off with very little force on the ghetto breaker bar/socket extensions, like one push vs 2 minutes of back and forth with the other one. makes me wonder how long it had left before it did that while i was driving.

- installed some LED stuff from pete, a (blue, of course) sound responsive head unit surround and a 12 led light tube in the passenger footwell. going to splice into the head unit surround to power the rest of the light strips i have and make a lightshow of it.

- got oem ford mudflaps from pat (79lincolnlover), havent installed them yet because there are no mounting holes. do i need to drill them? the ones on the merc i had were installed UNDER the chrome wheel well trim but i guess that wasn't right.

- located potential water leak area around the seatbelt..uh...grommet? whatever is on the floor surrounding the seatbelt mounting point, seemed like it could leak. not anymore - silicone ftw

i am waiting on about 4 parcels to come in the mail. next thing to go on will be the rear GR2 interceptor shocks and Moog CC819s, when the springs come in. HO swap probably next week once the rest of my parcels come in.

pics when the car had a better stance! the rear end looks sad with the front up about an inch from where it was.

gravel driveways suck.
                              Last edited by 1990LTD; 09-15-2010, 05:40 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

About the flaps....just use some self tappers and you will have no need to drill holes.
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X