My '90 LTD Crown Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wanna see the LED stuff... me likes blinky lights

and yes, gravel sux... but not as bad as caliche.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I HATE WATER LEAKS.

tomorrow, if it's not raining cats and dogs, the p/s seat and carpet are coming out to figure out where this shit is coming from. if it's not actually under there, i wouldn't consider it time wasted since i've never removed seats from a car before, AND i will rule out that as a water leak source.

on the plus side, today the mailman brought me:

iac, and some spare gaskets (one comes with the valve...but i question its quality)
      tps
      pcv valve grommet
      moog coil spring insulators
      motorcraft oil filter

hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

though, while I was sitting in my car in my driveway a few days ago (it's a short driveway so i'm parked quite close to the road) some elementary school aged kid was walking by, staring at me the whole time, and then quite nervously said "nice car, mister". that kid made my day.

if i didn't currently have tools spread all over the seats and have the dashboard torn apart, i would've asked if he'd like to sit in it - it never occurs to me that young kids now never would have seen the day when these cars were EVERYWHERE. i watch a lot of jay lenos garage videos and he talks at length about old guys letting him sit in their cool cars when he was a kid and how it was partly that which fueled his love of old classic cars, and he always tries to help out kids that show an interest.
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Just wait til the kid goes home and tells Mommy that he "sat is some guys car."

I would expect a knock on your door from the local boys in blue verry soon after. :smirk:
        1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Comment

haha, I thought about that! I guess in this day and age it wouldn't be the best idea, but if some young kid seemed generally interested in old cars, he could sit in the drivers seat of my car as long as he wanted.
          sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

moog cc819s came in today....they are pretty friggin' substantial. going in tomorrow morning.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
              ...going to splice into the head unit surround to power the rest of the light strips i have and make a lightshow of it.
              don't do that!
              That unit is also an inverter and is sending at least 1000 volts out of it...! That thing runs off high voltage like cathodes, EL stuff and neons (neons usually have the inverter built in).
              Which reminds me, there is a small bare-shaved spot on the red wire you might want to tape up I hope it didn't zap you already
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
                don't do that!
                That unit is also an inverter and is sending at least 1000 volts out of it...! That thing runs off high voltage like cathodes, EL stuff and neons (neons usually have the inverter built in).
                Which reminds me, there is a small bare-shaved spot on the red wire you might want to tape up I hope it didn't zap you already
                How do you think I found the bare spot in the wire?

I figure it put out some crazy juice when it:

did more than tingle a little bit
                fried a 194 bulb in a socket almost immediately.....the sound it makes doing that is kind of awesome. fizzzzzzzz

however....my LED light strips power off of it just fine for some reason? either way I have no practical use for it so I'm just going to reinstall it when I'm feeling rice-y
                sigpic

Comment

the weather conspires against me...it's finally not raining like a bastard but it's windy enough that i don't want to lift a car. fuck I wish I had a garage to use. My nextdoor neighbor has a 2 bay garage but he keeps his 63 chevy in there and probably wouldn't want me classing the place up on him......actually no, it's a gorgeous Impala but I wouldn't want to ask to use it. no spring/shocks installed today.

weather looks good tomorrow, but since it's not on my side i'll have to wait and see.

I was laid off a month or so ago and had to put the HO swap on hold, but I found a part time job that pays decently so after I get a few hours and some cash in my hands I can grab the rest of the stuff I need for the front of the engine and find a place to (probably rent) keep my car for the day while I do the work.

Need a rear axle seal so I'm going to hopefully install gears and a trac lok unit while it's all apart. I probably won't be doing that work myself because it's beyond me at this point...my mechanic will get the job. again, $$$$
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing the "after" pics.
                    '79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I'm looking forward to driving the "after" car.
                      sigpic

Comment

nice work mang!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I was totally defeated by the lower shock bolts. Need an impact gun.
                          sigpic

Comment

breakover bar FTW.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

I don't have a breaker bar. I thought I could get this with regular sockets and extensions.
                              sigpic

Comment

open end/box end wrenches linked together might get it then... put the box end on the bolt and hook the box end of the other wrench on the open end of the first. apply more force.

replace with ratchet once free to speed removal.

Comment

Working...
                                X