• Time
  • Show
Clear All

what about coil springs ?

Comment

Originally posted by 4door View Post
      what about coil springs ?
      :confused:
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

if its not sagging, it doesn't need them.
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

it was a little bit saggy but new shocks helped immensely.
          Last edited by 1990LTD; 11-09-2010, 05:21 PM.
          sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

my EVTM got here today!!!
            sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

you won't regret that decision
              Originally posted by gadget73
              There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
              91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
              93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
              Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
              Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
              95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

fuse box is wired and ready to go in the car..

ignore the seemingly random black tape, just using it to group wires together until i bring it to the car to install it. the heat shrink wrap is there just so I don't forget to put it on before I make the connection to the cars wiring. I've been known to do such things.

goin for the 'weathered' look on the lid of the box. and, y'know, making it purple and stuff. gotta be purple if it's going under the hood of my car. originally it had the french translation of "power distribution box" but i ground that down with my dremel. went too far down past some of the letters so i made the rest of it look pitted, then painted it. dunno if i should paint the whole thing purple or leave the text exposed like that - what do you guys think?

the wiring really wasn't so bad since I got my EVTM. I could have made an attempt at it without the book but I'd still be here trying to figure out wire gauges and amperage ratings. the only tricky part now will be re-routing and chasing wires in the car itself. i've got the plans and i know what's going to connect to what fuse, but now it's a matter of translating my EVTM to what is actually in my car.
                Last edited by 1990LTD; 11-16-2010, 08:12 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

got bored and washed it and went for a drive, took some crappy cell phone pics. this is just down the road from my place. dunno if you can tell that the stance is different or not, but in some of them you can see my white(yellowed)walls.

bought new rotors today...well, paid for them, they will be here tomorrow.
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Nice! your ride & Cape Breton

Comment

thanks Jeff....the beautiful North Atlantic, of which our corner will be full of ice floes.

I used to spend a lot of time down there - For reasons unclear to me, a friend got a job watching the lighthouse keepers house. He didn't get paid anything except free rent. Long story short, I spent a lot of years partying down there
                        sigpic

Comment

also now that I have a set of each crown vic and grand marq C pillar emblems, i see that the mounting posts are in the same spot - except for the one in the middle, which is barely off (2-3mm maybe)...nothing a dremel cutter and jb weld cant take care of....hmm...i also just happened to get a grand marquis hood ornament from monty. i wonder how many question's i'm going to get.
                          Last edited by 1990LTD; 11-16-2010, 12:58 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Paint the whole cover for fuse box.

Cutout center post for emblems and just install

Nice pictures.
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

its a plan! thanks dude.

just need to find a trunk badge for a grand marquis...the trunks are so different i dunno if they're the same size or not.
                              sigpic

Comment

and FWIW today is like the 10th time i've put seafoam in my motor either through manifold vacuum or the fuel system. no explosions or dismemberments yet.

pondering putting it in my crankcase based on what the valve covers looked like - they barely had any black on them and it came off really easily. i gotta change my oil soon so maybe i'll do it just before then - that's when they recommend it
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X