No announcement yet.

My '90 LTD Crown Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more wire clean up in preparation for the fuse box install! will look a lot nicer....right now it's pretty colorful haha
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

with all of the fuckin' time i'm putting into cleaning under the hood it's actually within striking distance of looking good.
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

pics.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

nope...no pics until it's done it looks horrible right now, i've just been picking at it over the last few days. wd40 is a pretty great degreaser, and i had no idea. 3 paper towel rolls worth of crud today.

everything is wired, it just needs to be cleaned up a bit more...zip ties and split loom tubing ftw! once that's done and satisfactory, i'm going to grab some black engine paint and gussy up things like the wiper motor, upper rad supports, what remains of the ac system etc

that's when the pics will happen
          sigpic

Comment

I bet I could get at least a 6-pack of paper towels totally greased up with just the bottom half of my engine bay (on the 88). It is NOT a friendly place... but it doesn't squeak!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

parts of the bottom half can remain greasy....if i don't see it i'm not cleaning it lol
              sigpic

Comment

ah... then don't look at the power steering pump or anywhere behind it :p

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Been wiring and cleaning for a while...I'm just picking at it because I don't need the car as a DD anymore. Much less stressful when you can work on it when you've got a few hours to spare but don't need it fixed to get to work.

Today a buddy of mine woke me up calling me to tell me about a set of gears he found in his dads old barn from a truck they used to have that they put a new rear end in. So I got a free set of 3.55 ring and pinion gears! No chips or gouges out of them but there is light oxidation on a few of the teeth....it looks like a dremel with a wire wheel attachment would probably get rid of it, it's pretty light.

Since they will not be installed for some time I figured it best to bathe them in gear oil. The only thing I could find big enough was an old cooking pot that my mother doesnt use anymore
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic

Comment

Do not wire wheel the teeth.

Comment

Okay! Should I do anything about what is on there, or just leave it as it? It's not going to get any worse now that it's being drowned in gear oil.
                      sigpic

Comment

What's the weird-looking junk on the left side in pic #1?
                        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                          What's the weird-looking junk on the left side in pic #1?
                          The tone ring and flange?
                          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

That's what I *think* it is The inner working of differentials are still smoke and mirrors to me, I don't think I'll be doing any of the work to the rear end aside from de-rusting prepping/painting the whole thing and pulling the parts off that I don't need. Someone with more knowledge than myself can do the dirty work of rebuilding the thing.

Who knows, maybe I can do it in school?
                            sigpic

Comment

update: have been lazy and not driven the car in a couple of weeks, but i've been picking at the wiring that i thought i was finished with

fuse box is in and purple and all of the connections are good...again. don't do things quickly - do them right and you won't do them again. if you stare at your own wiring work long enough you keep finding things you wish you did to make them neater.

tomorrow, in drops the battery and i figure out a place to put the horn, then i turn the key and see how many fuses pop.
                              sigpic

Comment

Where would you install one of these?

I've had it for as long as I've had the car but the fuse box is occupying its former location on the passenger inner fender. The closer to the front of the car, the better.

I wonder how hidden I can get it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X