Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

behind the grille, pointing down.
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I was hoping to get it in there somewhere but didn't know exactly where.
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

After staring at it for a while I can see where I want it to be, but not how to mount it. I don't have any wire left anyway, and I'm one battery cable short of driving it at the moment. Tomorrow!
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Got $ for the battery cable I need...I still need to figure out a neater arrangement for my charge cables.

I have the 3G, megafuse, the battery, solenoid, and fuse box. Fuse box is up on the fender where the stock horn was. No matter what I do it looks like a mess.
          sigpic

Comment

Mega fuse gets mounted in a fuse holder to the upright flare of the passengers side inner fender below the battery. Run the charge cable from the alternator to there. Run the output of the mega fuse to the new fuse box. Run another charge cable from the fuse box to the starter solenoid and run the battery cable from the battery to the starter solenoid.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

That looks better Thanks Dave.

ps still no pics because I had to use a few pieces of wire I had laying around and it does not look as good as it could.

It runs, drive, and everything works. No fuses popped and I didn't even need to charge the battery - It was sitting in my porch for 3 weeks to a month. Started right up first try....I remember why I like this thing so much now.

Transmission does not want to grab the next gear when I let off of the throttle like it used to - my hope is that the TV pressure is too high or not enough fluid in it or something (you can't really check fluid level accurately when it hasn't been run in weeks) because that's really all I can do.
              Last edited by 1990LTD; 08-25-2011, 07:12 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

updates n' shit:

- today I sent $ for a 90 TC fan shroud/coolant tank and a new TV cable thanks to 86vicky. thanks John!
                - gasket matching and porting upper/lower intakes in my spare time....it's crazy how much material is there that can be taken out.

By the time I am done working the intake manifold, the stuff from 86Vicky should be here and the car will live once more
                sigpic

Comment

I'm aiming to get my engine stuff done before the big sleep from November til May. In the meantime I will be trying to assemble enough gear to do my own sheet metal replacement and doing the required body work to make it as handsome as it should be.

the plan:

Gonna run the E6s untouched because I don't feel like taking them off only to find out I need $$$$ work done to make them useable.
                  Ported upper/lower HO manifolds and a 75mm throttle body if I can find one cheap.
                  95 Cobra camshaft
                  19lb injectors
                  Lincoln DX3 speed density ECU

I will need to figure something out to replace the stock iron cheeselog manifolds.

The 3.55L swap will be done....sometime. One project at a time Engine stuff, body stuff, driveline stuff. Will post more updates as I get 'em.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm aiming to get my engine stuff done before the big sleep from November til May. In the meantime I will be trying to assemble enough gear to do my own sheet metal replacement and doing the required body work to make it as handsome as it should be.

the plan:

Gonna run the E6s untouched because I don't feel like taking them off only to find out I need $$$$ work done to make them useable.
                    Ported upper/lower HO manifolds and a 75mm throttle body if I can find one cheap.
                    95 Cobra camshaft
                    19lb injectors
                    Lincoln DX3 speed density ECU

I will need to figure something out to replace the stock iron cheeselog manifolds.

The 3.55L swap will be done....sometime. One project at a time Engine stuff, body stuff, driveline stuff. Will post more updates as I get 'em.
                    sigpic

Comment

What color should I paint the motor?

My fuse box is purple and a few other underhood items are also purple. Some stuff is also painted black. I think I want to paint it Ford blue, though.

What say you, should my 302 be purple or Ford blue?

All one color or do I mix it up between the two? ie black valve covers, purple cylinder heads, ford blue engine block and black front cover/water pump. Does that sound stupid or kind of neat? Could also paint the upper plenum blue and the lower plenum purple since it sits between the (purple) cylinder heads.

let me know what you think...I'm kind of digging the idea myself.
                      sigpic

Comment

am now staring at a lifter valley..
                        sigpic

Comment

Paint the engine block to match the car's exterior colour. Pastel Alabaster?
                          '79 Continental Town Car
                          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

If I could find high heat stuff in that color, I'd be all over it I'm always looking haha
                            sigpic

Comment

More intake porting and gasket matching...yippee......whoever put those bends in the first 2 runners should be shot.

It is worth noting that the two different E6 intakes I have don't look identical.

Old-ass CAL customs valve covers are clean and need a final sanding before paint. They aren't perfect but there was no perfecting these with the state they were in.

I am trying to figure out where (what seems like) fuel came from in the vac barb on my upper plenum. Not a large amount but enough to smell and keep the line and vac fitting on the plenum wet on the inside. I noticed it in the line going to the MAP sensor.....how does that make any fuckin' sense? It was running slightly rich but not making any black smoke.

The only thing that could push fuel in there is the FPR I believe, and its vac line was bone dry. no fuel in my oil so i don't think it came from the PCV system. I have had the evap system disconnected for the better part of the past year as well.
                              Last edited by 1990LTD; 10-25-2011, 03:35 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

nice day. actually got to work on the car, cleaning gasket surfaces is a simple enough job but goddamn it takes a while. especially when there's 20+ yr old gasket material clinging for life because the EGR caked it on there. pulled the distributor because for some reason I had not done that yet.

wish I could afford the $150 that someone wants for a complete parts car w/ good body panels.

also wish i had my fan shroud/coolant reservoir and tv cable so i could actually drive it when i put it back together
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X