• Show
Clear All

Very cool, I would like to do mine!
    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
    1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
    1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

new bulbs n shit. unidirectional bullet ones.
      Attached Files
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

I want to put a bulb in the AC vent above the light switch....the hose has been disconnected for ages and the vent is just there. I think it would look neat but don't know what kind of socket type of thing to use?
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

You could take some LED tube, and line the edge with it, attaching it to the inner lip so it looked like a halo of sorts. That would be kinda cool.
          "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
          1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Yo thats a nice ass ride, you got 200 on the speedometer? mine don't say that I'm jealous.

Comment

yeah but you have some sick wheels.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
                thats the smell that tells environmentalists to go fuck themselves
                its a good smell

It also makes the girls say the same thing to you:p. I loved having open headers on my old Malibu, but it permeated my clothes, including a couple suits.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by DATBOITRON View Post
                  Yo thats a nice ass ride, you got 200 on the speedometer? mine don't say that I'm jealous.
                  Hes got one of those damn upside down speedos, Mine goes to 140mph. You can find them in old police cars.
                  "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                  1985 GMC 1500

Comment

A 200 mph speedo would be the most useless thing ever.

Man I really should go change out some of those burned out bulbs in my cluster...
                    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

what, your panther won't do 200mph?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                        I want to put a bulb in the AC vent above the light switch....the hose has been disconnected for ages and the vent is just there. I think it would look neat but don't know what kind of socket type of thing to use?
                        When i put the bulbs in my vents in the 85, i just used exterior lamp 194 sockets i pulled out of the junkyard. They may even be close enough to the right size to stuff one in the duct from the backside and stay in place just from friction. Thanks for the idea
                        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                        sigpic
                        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
                          When i put the bulbs in my vents in the 85, i just used exterior lamp 194 sockets i pulled out of the junkyard. They may even be close enough to the right size to stuff one in the duct from the backside and stay in place just from friction. Thanks for the idea
                          ooh, good idea! tomorrow I am making another attempt at the grand marquis parts car interior..hopefully I'll have some fake wood trim and new gauges
                          sigpic

Comment

success. I will have a working fuel gauge this week.
                            sigpic

Comment

$250 Merc

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                              ooh, good idea! tomorrow I am making another attempt at the grand marquis parts car interior..hopefully I'll have some fake wood trim and new gauges
                              So you bought the '90 GM that's listed on Cape Breton Kijiji?
                              '79 Continental Town Car
                              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

nope..getting parts from it though. she didn't want to start parting the car out since it's basically a running vehicle but changed her mind and is doing something else with the rest of the car (a build of some sort)

50 bucks for a bunch of interior/dashboard bits and other goodies. she even said i could swap the power drivers seat into mine but the controls were fucked when i tried them so i think i'll keep my seat the way it is.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X