SVT98t's 2003 Mercury Marauder **DUW**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring

Took the Marauder for the first spin of the year last Sunday. It was nice. Washed it, and strectched its legs a bit.
    Just ordered a battery relocation kit. I'm moving the battery to the trunk to make way for the superchager. With the blower on there, the intake will be moved from the drivers side, to the passengers side.
    I'm doing mods that I can do now, without having the car down for long periods of time. This spurs from the fact that I cannot store the car at my place just yet.
    I also ordered a set of Hi-Low HIDs in 6k as well. I'll be selling my old SilverStar ULTRAs soon, if anyone is interested.
    I hope everyone has a great summer! I'm sure looking forward to it!

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

I've recieved the battery relocate kit and the Hi-low HIDs. Maybe I can install them in 2 weeks when the weather breaks. Until then..... zZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZz.....

-ryan s.
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

Finally fixed the broken fan and put my 6k HID kit in. I still have to adjust the headlights and put the hi-low relay in. The picture does not do it justice.
        Pic:

-ryan s.
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Decided to grow up

Yup. I decided to grow up. Started peeling the eyelids away. Got rid of the red LED floor lights and map lights. Replaced the floor and map lights with SilverStar 194s and 921s, respectively. I also recharged the A/C system and WOW! Put it this way, if I turned my A/C on high, and left the windows down, it would solve global warming.
          Time to order SilverStar 211-2s or 212s for the rear lights and the dome light. I like seeing.
          Also going to replace all the rear lights with SilverStars. Taillight, 3rd brake light, and reverse lights.
          I'm a believer in SilverStar's after I put them in the reverse lights in the Tank. Bright as the sun.
          So, besides those few things, I'm enjoying driving it around in the summer while the Tank is down.
          Sweet.

-ryan s.
          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

my 88 needs that AC!

or at least the vic's. Our vic is icey too.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Finally put the high beam relay in. It works quite well. Can't wait to test it tonight. Maybe.
              Besides that, not much else planned, besides getting around to installing the battery relocation kit. Sometime.

-ryan s.
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Well, I made it back home.

Leaked power steering fluid the whole way home. The fuse for the running lights on Matt's truck blew. Good thing the Marauder has the mini ATM fuses. And the fuse I pulled to make the truck lights work conveniently was for MY headlights. It made pulling into the driveway a bit more "fun".
                We were stopped by the police while unloading it. He made 2 passes before he stopped. Turns out, he owns a Marauder too, and was asking questions and such. It was fun. We were BSing for about 20mins in the street. Good times.
                I better watch my ass, or this is going to become a parts car quicker than I know!
                Bye bye.

-ryan s.
                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

opted for a tow rather than trying to fix it then? Prob the better bet, at least now its home where you have time and parts to deal with it.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                    We were stopped by the police while unloading it. He made 2 passes before he stopped. Turns out, he owns a Marauder too, and was asking questions and such. It was fun. We were BSing for about 20mins in the street. Good times.
                    I better watch my ass, or this is going to become a parts car quicker than I know!
                    Bye bye.

-ryan s.
                    That's neat. Of course it would probably have my nerves on end watching a cop pull up for no apparent reason.

sigpic
                    - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                      opted for a tow rather than trying to fix it then? Prob the better bet, at least now its home where you have time and parts to deal with it.
                      Exactly. I don't have the time to just throw money at it. Winter is coming. The Tank MUST be ready soon. It will not only be my DD, but my first born will be arriving soon, and I need a dependable car that I don't need to be fixing in the middle of winter.

So, as much as it pained my wallet, it was worth it. I'll have it running sometime in the next month.

-ryan s.
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

oh, you did pull the fan bolts out from under the hood I hope? They were on the fan shroud. Old fan is in the trunk.
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I did open the hood and find the bolts. I put them in the box in the trunk with the old POS fan.
                          Maybe I'll get in to fixing it next weekend.

-ryan s.
                          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

**update**

New(er) fan is installed and functioning as advertised. Pulled from a 04 CVPI.
                            So, fan is installed. Coolant topped off. Power steering fluid topped off.
                            On the preliminary run, I had 3 gears. Thats as much as I can get to in a 30mph zone. Car worked great. After I let the car warm up, It started hunting for gears. It took a while to hit 2nd. I checked the fluid after letting it idle for about 30 mins, or however long it takes to paint a CVPI 4.6 2v motor Grabber Green. The fluid level was high.
                            I gather from this, that there's too much fluid in the trans. I'll drain it this weekend. No driving until it's leveled out.
                            It's coming together!!

-ryan s.
                            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

What did you do, swap the trans or did I miss something ?

Comment

No trans swap. The fluid level was high. It worked great on the first couple test drives. I just started the car and went. After letting it warm up, I started losing gears. I checked it and it was high.
                                So im hoping to rectify that this weekend.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
                                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Working...
                                X